Newegg: GPad $249.99/$224.99 w/ Coupon

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Looks like a great deal, even at $250. Use the promo code, MHSALE10, to knock another $25 off.

I was about to order the Verizon version, but I really wanted the white model. I also noticed that the 4G one is downclocked to 1.5GHz. Is there any reason for this?

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I had shoprunner, so I got it next day for said price. Already hooked it up, absolutely love it over my 2012 nexus 7

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Such a sick deal! Not sure why Verizon under clocked theirs, maybe battery life since Lte is on board? I doubt it would be noticeable in real life use.

Slayers

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
At this price is the G Pad worth getting?

I have been looking at this and the Tab pro and I am not sure of the price difference

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
At this point, I didn't want to spend $400 on a tablet. I was ready to spend $300 for the LTE model, but $225 was awesome. I love this tablet

I have been looking at this and the Tab pro and I am not sure of the price difference

Wobblin30

May 20, 2011
Visit site

Just sold my Tab Pro 8.4 and picked up the G Pad without any regrets. I have never been a huge Touchwhiz fan but decided to give it another go. The screen on the Pro is the best out there and having multi window was nice. Other than that, the settings layout menu was a real mess. Lag when pulling down notifictions and scrolling to the Magazine screen was unacceptable for a $400 tablet. Battery was decent on the 8.4. Right on par with the Nexus 7 and G Pad. At the end of the day, I think Samsung tries way too hard to do everything instead of focusing on the user experience. Having had the G2, Galaxy S4, Note 3, Tab Pro 8.4, and now the G Pad, I can honestly tell you that LG puts out a smoother device imo.

Try them both out in store and see which one suits you best.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

DCSholtis

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
New code (ends tomorrow) LGTABLET10 takes 10% off so basically it's 32.00 off 319.99 for a total of 287.99

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Just sold my Tab Pro 8.4 and picked up the G Pad without any regrets. I have never been a huge Touchwhiz fan but decided to give it another go. The screen on the Pro is the best out there and having multi window was nice. Other than that, the settings layout menu was a real mess. Lag when pulling down notifictions and scrolling to the Magazine screen was unacceptable for a $400 tablet. Battery was decent on the 8.4. Right on par with the Nexus 7 and G Pad. At the end of the day, I think Samsung tries way too hard to do everything instead of focusing on the user experience. Having had the G2, Galaxy S4, Note 3, Tab Pro 8.4, and now the G Pad, I can honestly tell you that LG puts out a smoother device imo.

Try them both out in store and see which one suits you best.

This is spot on and anyone who is comparing the 2 should take note.

I had the Galaxy tab pro 8.4 and the UI is horrible and has extreme lag. Performance was no good. The GPad on the other hand is a fluid as can be.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

DCSholtis

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
This is spot on and anyone who is comparing the 2 should take note.

I had the Galaxy tab pro 8.4 and the UI is horrible and has extreme lag. Performance was no good. The GPad on the other hand is a fluid as can be.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

The UI on the S4 and Note 3 not to mention TouchWiz. Was such that I couldn't wait to make my break away from Samsung. Now own a Moto X and will soon get the GPad

g2_havok

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
just bought a white one from newegg for $229.99. using shoprunner, i get free shipping to hawaii!!!

can't wait till i get it. i'll probably see how LG's skin looks. i loved my g2 so we'll see... i'm loving my nexus 5 now so i may want stock android on the g pad. with a $120 difference between the regular g pad and the GPe version, this was a no brainer.

DCSholtis

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
just bought a white one from newegg for $229.99. using shoprunner, i get free shipping to hawaii!!!

can't wait till i get it. i'll probably see how LG's skin looks. i loved my g2 so we'll see... i'm loving my nexus 5 now so i may want stock android on the g pad. with a $120 difference between the regular g pad and the GPe version, this was a no brainer.

Damn I tried to get one all last week only to have the transaction canceled due to it not being in stock at check out. Ended up having to get one off eBay that's already rooted running CM11. Paid $215

g2_havok

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
well... i did receive my g pad and it worked great for about 3 days. then portions of the lower left quadrant of the screen (when held in portrait) stop responding... couldn't swipe or press or anything.

after using amazon for so long and being impressed with their rma process, i must say, i'm not satisfied with newegg's rma process at all. amazon allows concurrent transaction - they ship you a new one and expect you to return the rma item within 30 days or they just charge you the full price again. newegg will not ship you a new one until they receive the rma item, verify its contents, then send you the replacement.

well, by the time it arrived at newegg and they verified contents, they ran out of the g pad... and have been for over 2 weeks. i'd have to purchase one at full price and then they said they'd "price match" manually. caveat - they will NOT price match items sold through their marketplace. best they could do is give me a refund.

i went ahead and just bought a supposedly new unopened g pad from ebay for $249.99 shipped... i've been wanting this tablet for some time and my wife gave me the cash to buy one as my wedding present so i'm quite eager to have it in my hands and use it.

Last edited:

DCSholtis

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
well... i did receive my g pad and it worked great for about 3 days. then portions of the lower left quadrant of the screen (when held in portrait) stop responding... couldn't swipe or press or anything.

after using amazon for so long and being impressed with their rma process, i must say, i'm not satisfied with newegg's rma process at all. amazon allows concurrent transaction - they ship you a new one and expect you to return the rma item within 30 days or they just charge you the full price again. newegg will not ship you a new one until they receive the rma item, verify its contents, then send you the replacement.

well, by the time it arrived at newegg and they verified contents, they ran out of the g pad... and have been for over 2 weeks. i'd have to purchase one at full price and then they said they'd "price match" manually. caveat - they will NOT price match items sold through their marketplace. best they could do is give me a refund.

i went ahead and just bought a supposedly new unopened g pad from ebay for $249.99 shipped... i've been wanting this tablet for some time and my wife gave me the cash to buy one as my wedding present so i'm quite eager to have it in my hands and use it.

My eBay one I purchased rooted arrived with a cracked screen. Luckily I received my money back from the seller. Went and got an open box one from New Egg for $229. Have had it a week absolutely no problems with it. Arrived new.