Chrome cast systemui error with Gpad 8.3

mhaider

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Whenever I try to cast something to my Chromecast I get an android systemui error. The error happens after pulling down the notification bar. It won't go away until I hold down the power button until the Gpad reboots. This started after getting a system update last week. Is anyone else seeing this? When the error happens it also changes the wallpaper.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Whenever I try to cast something to my Chromecast I get an android systemui error. The error happens after pulling down the notification bar. It won't go away until I hold down the power button until the Gpad reboots. This started after getting a system update last week. Is anyone else seeing this? When the error happens it also changes the wallpaper.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk
I would suggest a factory reset to clear up any of those issues that started after the update. Be sure to backup your data and sync with any accounts you have logged into the device (Google, Dropbox, etc.).

mhaider

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Already did that. Factory reset doesn't fix it and I have seen other posts by other people who have said the same.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

bigmac11

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
The latest update caused me the same issue. Rolled back and everythings working correctly. What version are you currently running, 20D?

gankstar5

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I just purchased this tablet on 17-July and I love it.

My main purpose for purchasing this tablet was to use it with Chromecast. I have only Plex, Youtube, Pandora on it so far and it has worked well. Can you please let me know which app you're trying to use when you get this error?

Thanks.

gankstar5

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Ok, I think I may have spoken too soon. I was watching a video via YouTube on ChromeCast and I got that error! Argh! Anyone has got any solutions?

Posted via Android Central App

cjp1992

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I have the exact same problem when using my g pad with my Chromecast. Hopefully the next update with sort put this problem, until then I'm just using the Chromecast with my phone.

Posted via Android Central App

Chabicv

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem, with Chromecast and G pad. The error happens usually after pulling down the notification bar with some applications: Plex, Arte tv...

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I know this won't help but my intent is to inspire hope. I recently got fed up with the glitches and rooted and installed a custom ROM/recovery. On SlimKat .4.4.4 this issue is gone. One of the main reasons I got this tablet was to use it with my Chromecast often and since screen-mirroring also isn't unlocked I broke down.

So hopefully 4.4.4 brings these fixes soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49