I am helping someone who is a bit tech challenged. Is there an easy way, perhaps a setting or an app, that will close all apps on power down or close all browser pages on power down? I am afraid there is going to be a pile up of open apps and open pages while this person is getting used to the tablet. Thanks for all your ideas.
    11-28-2014 07:18 AM
    Are you talking about powering the device completely off, or just putting the screen to sleep? Powering the device off will definitely close all apps--but keep in mind that when any Android device is powered on again, certain apps will automatically be started by the system, because that's how Android works. It wants to keep RAM reasonably full (usually at least 50%), to allow for faster and more efficient app switching and opening. Manually closing apps can actually be counter-productive and lead to more battery drain. See these articles for more info:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...m-android.html
    RAM: What it is, how it's used, and why you shouldn't care | Android Central
    oditius likes this.
    11-29-2014 01:10 AM
    Thanks. That is good that powering it off will close the apps. What about the pages in the browser? How can I get those closed easily for her? She is a real techno-phobe but trying so I want to keep it simple!!!!
    11-29-2014 02:15 PM
    Browser tabs will generally remain open until you close them. Since tapping on links in other apps typically opens a new browser tab, they can build up pretty quickly. Most browsers have a tab control icon at the top. Tap it to see all open tabs. Then swipe away tabs to close them (or tap the X associated with each tab).

Posted via Android Central App.
    Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.
    oditius likes this.
    11-29-2014 02:19 PM