Ban sign keeps popping up on the notification bar. Anyone?

sowhat59

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
I've had G pad 8.3 for less than a month and loved it. It came free with my Verizon phone upgrade so I have a data plan with the tab.
But a few days ago a strange thing started to happen.
Almost everytime I use the pad, it shows a ban sign on the top.
Since I can still connect to WIfi i think it has something to do with the data connection. If I click off the wifi and try to use data, I can't.
The only way to get rid of this ban sign is to power off and of the device which is very annoying.

It happens randomly and 90% of the time. And It happens whether I manually turn of the tab or let it turn off by leaving it idle for a set time.
I get data on my phone all the time. It's not about where I live.
When I brought the device to Verizon store, ironically it didn't happen and the employee told me that she couldn't help me because there's nothing going on with the tablet...

I just browse online, play Lumosity, go on pinterest on the tab. That's about it.
I don't know why all of sudden this started happening. Anyone has ideas or experiencing the same issue?

ban sign gpad.jpg

Oh, and one more extra question.
Is the circulation sign showing "sync?"
circle sign.jpg

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
That means the tablet is not getting any data connection. It seems your coverage is good since you have full bars for cell signal, but for some reason your mobile data is not connecting. Do you have any apps that might be cutting off your mobile data if you approach a certain limit perhaps? Or if you go into Airplane mode and turn it back off, does it re-connect?

The circular icon is, indeed, your tablet syncing something.

sowhat59

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
The thing is that I don't always have data on and the sign still appears whether the data is on or off.
I just deleted all the apps except Lumosity and Bank of America, Pinterest, and some other least spam apps.
It indeed reconnects the data (or removes the bag sign if I don't have the data on) when I turn Airplane mode on and off just like when I power the device off and on.
Hm...
Do you think it might be some kind of bug?