Hello from the Xoom forums, questions for you

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, I own a Xoom and would like to know what is the difference my friend wants an Android tablet and he wants to know which one is better. Do you guys have 3.1 yet? Also, he likes the whole controller working through USB. He is a gamer. He doesn't care for the 3D but would like know how the camera quality is. His big one is the screen, how good is it? He likes watching online content a whole lot. Thanks for the help, he is willing to get the G Slate off contact also but he seems to be leaning on the Xoom because of the Wifi model.

Sent from my Xoom

KOMO

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
3.1 is not yet out, frankly, the G-Slate - despite being a great device - doesn't get much coverage (e.g. marketing, updates appear to be a bit slow, etc). With that said, I absolutely love mine. It has been announced that the 3.1 update will come out eventually, the camera quality is superb as is the screen quality. Personally, I am partial to the slightly smaller screen on the G-Slate (8.9 compared to 10.1), but again, that is just me. Battery life seems to be pretty solid as well. My only complain is the lack of support for it which is likely due to T-Mobiles sub-par attempts at marketing the device.

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I would've liked a smaller screen size as well. The Xoom's quality in the screen is meh while the camera is okay.

Sent from my T-Mobile G1

deez1234

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
It's a shame that this tablet hasn't gotten the attention it deserves. It is an excellent piece of hardware. I do hope they decide to give us the 3.1 update soon though. As you stated, there just hasn't been any support. I love everything about the device, including what you mentioned. We can only hope that it soon gets the attention it deserves. I particularly like the fact that it is very portable. The 3D camera is a cool added bonus. From what I've heard from the majority, the screen size is just right. The web browsing functions exceptionally well and has pretty much replaced my laptop. There are many other great features I could mention but I hope I could help.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't worry about it, HTC has an excellent track record of updating their phones and I doubt the tablets will be any different.

KOMO

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
LG has stated that we would definitely get 3.1, it is just a matter of when.

Like the poster above, this has essentially replaced my laptop for everything except typing. Hopefully the Android market will continue to grow with high quality tablet-specific applications.

Quant

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I have the G-Slate as well. I used to own the Galaxy Tab, but sold it to a friend for cheap price. This G-Slate is spectacular. I also wanted something smaller than a 10.1", but larger than the 7", which is too small to type on unless you thumb type. With the 8.9" I can type fast. I'm really tied to email, and both business and personal are covered well by the Honeycomb versions of mail, both of which are excellent.

I used Handbrake to encode a few movies which I added via drag-n-drop. Not a lot of Honeycomb apps, but the ones I do have are so great. I have a File Manager which complies with Honeycomb. I can't wait to see the explosion in Honeycomb apps. Google giving away 5,000 Samsung tablets was a smart move. I'm sure we'll see tablet apps start to pop up like a flood at some point in the near in the future.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power