Always On?

MaddSkillz

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi, just curious how many folks have their set to "Always On" and if you're worried about burn-in with this setting? For me its' worked out great and left me with plenty of battery left over at the end of the day but I'm worried about burn-in.

Thoughts?

manticore999

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I don't worry about burn-in, but I do worry about battery life. My day lasts about 18 hours and if I don't leave the screen on I have about 30-35% at the end of the day. Leaving it on all the time, which I did the first few days, gives me 12 hours if I'm lucky.

anon(19981)

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I usually get about 30 hours of battery life depending on what watch face I'm using. I have it set to be always on and disable the tilt mode. I also leave the brightness set on 4. I liked the looks of my moto 360 better but the battery life on this watch is much better and easily lasts an entire day with no problem.

Posted via the Android Central App

Papavart

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
My problem is that since the latest software upgrade, I can't get any watch face to stay on for more than three seconds, no matter what the Android Wear settings.

I charge my watch every night, so I prefer that the face be always on. The phone is a Galaxy S5, the Android wear app is up to date, as is the watch software. I have tried turning Android Wear off and then on again. I have tried resetting the watch. I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting the watch. I have tried every combination of "always on" and "tilt." Still, the watch face will not stay on for more than three seconds. If I want to see the watch face, I have to press the button - and even then, the face is only visible for about three seconds before everything goes black again. Is there any way to override the system's tendency to turn the watch face off after so short a time? This isn't really a useful watch if the longest I can see the face is three seconds.

Any help would be much appreciated.

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Get the StayLit app and you can change the delay time for the watch to go dim.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk.

dcastillo

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like you have theater mode turned on.... Makes the screen go black after a few seconds.
Try turning the screen on, swipe down from the top, then swipe from right to left. That should bring up theater mode, which needs to be off.
Danny

Firefyter

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like you have theater mode turned on.... Makes the screen go black after a few seconds.
Try turning the screen on, swipe down from the top, then swipe from right to left. That should bring up theater mode, which needs to be off.
Danny

That, or push the button twice rapidly. Much quicker way to accomplish the same thing...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo