Why such terrible battery life with a factory formatted watch

3lement

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys,

I recently got my LG WATCH R last week and I've been having terrible battery life. I formatted the watch several times and reinstalled android wear several times.

I have used factory faxes and custom faces and the result is still the same. I have a couple of apps like wear messenger and calculator but they aren't in use in the battery life monitor.

I had 95% and it said it would be fully discharged in 6 hours!? Active apps were 0. Any ideas? I'm wondering if something on my phone might be doing it? Maybe I could factory format my phone and try again with everything completely default! I really want this to last at least a day!

3lement

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
Please see attached screenshots!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-03-11-19-09-36.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-03-11-19-09-36.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot_2015-03-11-22-41-15.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-03-11-22-41-15.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 26

Firefyter

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I can get up to two days out of a charge on mine, but I have noticed that some watch faces drain the battery faster than others. I tried the Speeds watch face and it ate through my battery in just a few hours. If I use one of the pre-loaded faces, like Red, battery life is wonderful.

3lement

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the replies guys! I've had better battery life after literally removing every app and just having a pretty standard watchface. I use my watch in the gym however and for about an hour i'm using the stopwatch and changing tracks on Spotify so I expect the percentage per hour to increase from the usual 3% to around 10% but once i've stopped using the music player and stopwatch after the gym my phone continues to increase battery usage up to around 16% per hour which is crazy? I've used a task manager to kill all apps and that didn't help. I reset my phone and the watch and it continued to used around 15%. If I recharge to 100% and don't use it at all then it stays around 2.5% all day but if i dare to scroll through the menu and select calculator or something it will rocket and then continue until it is dead. Any thoughts or tips from other watch users?

3lement

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
I have done so and some are better than others, however when using the stopwatch for example on and off for an hour or so I get that its going to drain battery! But im talking an hour after stopping the watch continues to use the same percentage as it was at the gym.. as if its all still running in the background even though I have double checked that it is not!

Jackseric

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed some events like that, as well, but they are very rare. However, for me, when I restart the watch, all issues disappear. Maybe you should try resetting, instead of just restarting? I know you shouldn't have to do that... but it sounds like something isn't right since you seem to be the only one having this issue.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney