Preamble: - I really like this watch.

Problem 1: With problem 1 I had no trouble for the 1st 2 weeks. The watch stayed on ok. I could set various faces & turn on/off the display.
    but over the past few days, I can no longer get the watch to stay 'on' - no matter what settings I try & even if I reboot it. The only thing I changed that I can think of was spending 2 days installing 'Play Music' (and after some pain, eventually getting it working). Also adding a few more watch faces, plus adding a BT headset (for use with Play Music). So in summary, the watch no longer is 'always on'.

Problem 2: This is a flow on from 1 above. It took 2 days to figure out how to get 2GB of music cached on the watch. This now works and so far is good. These were the steps I took
    -- Install Play Music on my Android Phone & on the Lg G Watch R.
    -- Tried to copy music from my PC to the Phone 'Music folder' using USB cable connection to Win 7 PC
    -- Music was visible in Play Music on my Android phone & I could create & play lists
    -- Could find NO WAY to then get that music from the phone to the watch despite many web explanations.
    The many sites I looked at all failed to spell out that there IS NO WAY to currently get music off the phone
    to the watch watch when it is only copied over to the phone from a PC via USB. It has to be 'downloaded' (from Google).
    -- Then I install Windows Play Music. Took umpteen hours to 'UPLOAD' my music to my Google account
    then using USB cable deleted it all off my phone, then downloaded via WiFi to my Android phone and this time
    the download process also copied the music to my LG G Watch R.
    -- Set up my bluetooth headphones & was happily able to play the music 'offline' on my watch (Android phone turned off).

BUT, this now leads me to the core of problem 2 - I want to reset my LG G Watch R to see if that fixes problem one.
    BUT, am genuinely fearful that if I do so, I will have to repeat the painful overnight process of downloading my
    music from Google in order to get it back on the phone and cached to the watch again ! - a pain I really want to avoid.

Can anyone confirm with any confidence that if I reset the LG G Watch R, that it will automatically restore my 2GB
    of music to the watch or do I have to repeat the hellish overnight download process again in order to cache the music
    gain for offline use on the LG G Watch R ?

The good side of being able to 'cache for offline use' my music is it is a terrific set up. I still can't believe that the only
    way to get the music onto the watch is by downloading it over the Internet via Google and that using a USB cable
    to copy it to the smartphone does not provide any means to then get it onto the watch other than via Google download.

Doug M
    05-16-2015 10:37 PM
    Factory resetting the watch will force you to download the music again afterwards. Whether it'll be automatic or have to be done manually, I'm not sure (probably the latter). But either way, you'll have to wait for that to be done again
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    05-16-2015 11:56 PM
    Welcome to the forums.

OP, I am curious about why you want the music on your watch as opposed to on your phone and controlling the music through the watch?
    05-16-2015 11:59 PM
    UJ95x

Thanks, I feared this to be the case. So will hold off doing the reset. Just have to wait until 5.1 update shows which will most likely involve a reset anyway.

Cheers

Doug M
    UJ95x likes this.
    05-17-2015 01:02 AM
    My new Urbane started turning the screen off all of a sudden, even though I had it set to always on. Turns out I had enabled theater mode somehow. Check that and turn it off if necessary.
    05-17-2015 01:18 AM
    I don't always want to have to carry the phone (its a biggish version OnePlus One) with me when the watch is perfectly capable of holding the music. Also the phone battery tends to go down quick enough as it is without driving music through it. I prefer to have the phone reliably available for phone & internet use so the watch stacks up as a great music player. If it goes flat I can still fall back to the phone if I have it with me. Making phone calls from watches is a joke so that is not a requirement. However the voice commands controlling the phone via the LG G Watch R are interesting but that is really all. To me 'watch=time', +health recording (steps & HR & GPS if avail), & Music is a bonus. When I want serious HR data I rely on my Polar V800 with HR strap. That is vastly more accurate than the LG G Watch R (or for that matter my fitbit Charge HR) which is a standby unit now. Sadly it has an issue with the strap that 'burns' some peoples skin (esp mine). So the Fitbit Charge had to be put aside & the LG G Watch R became its replacement despite the Charge having GPS and an excellent tracking app.

For me it is generally easier to play music from my watch. Have had smartwatches since 2013 when the rather stylish IM Watch appeared, but it, as does the iWatch, had very poor battery life. The LG G Watch R is pretty good for battery I always get 1-2 days. The only other units in my own experience that bettered it were the Pebble Watch but the LG G Watch R completely outclasses the now dated Pebble despite its 7-day battery life (and e-ink B&W screen), and of course, the Fitbit charge - ignoring the strap on skin problem. But, the bonus with the LGW is the music playing capability.

Cheers DSJM1
    UJ95x likes this.
    05-17-2015 01:20 AM
    Jim,

Thanks - that sounds like the type of thing I need to look for. Will check now.
    Can't see that as cause but what you said reminded me I had been looking at developer mode & come to think of it, it has been happening since then. Will try to figure out if that is the culprit (once I work out how to turn developer mode off).

Doug
    05-17-2015 02:23 AM
    Jim,

Thanks - that sounds like the type of thing I need to look for. Will check now.
    Can't see that as cause but what you said reminded me I had been looking at developer mode & come to think of it, it has been happening since then. Will try to figure out if that is the culprit (once I work out how to turn developer mode off).

Doug
    The quick way to toggle theater mode off and on is to double click the stem.
    05-17-2015 12:58 PM
    Jim,

Bingo - yes that fixed it. Interestingly I was originally going to report a 3rd problem but left it off when I thought I had found the solution.

The 3rd problem was going to be "how do I get out of Bluetooth Paring panel'. But I found if I pressed thew stem twice the Watch reverted to settings. So regarded that as fixed. But, as you have pointed out, if double press of stem is done when not in one of the settings functions, the watch goes into Theatre mode.

So thanks very much for that simple 'fix' - Now am still trying to turn off 'developer mode' even though it is not causing any apparent issues.

Cheers Doug
    05-17-2015 07:36 PM