Any tips and tricks?

fredd17

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I've had my LG G Watch R for a week and absolutely love it. Switched from the Samsung Gear Neo. So far I've downloaded the wear mini launcher, watchmaker, Web browser for android wear, trackID (it's like sound hound or shazam for the watch 😉) & Attopedia (Wikipedia for the watch when "Ok Google" is used to search something quickly)

Just wondering if their are any other apps or settings that can be done to improve the watch performance? ☺😊

p.s. how do I get the "android wear connected" back onto my pull down notification? Was there a few days ago and now it's gone. I like seeing it there so I know my watch is still connected.

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I have a Zenwatch, so this should be the same. I don't see a "Connected" message when I swipe down. If the watch is disconnected, then you'll see a little cloud icon with a line through it at the corner of the watchface. If the watch is connected, then you won't see anything.

fredd17

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
I have a Zenwatch, so this should be the same. I don't see a "Connected" message when I swipe down. If the watch is disconnected, then you'll see a little cloud icon with a line through it at the corner of the watchface. If the watch is connected, then you won't see anything.
I did notice the cloud a few times. Thank you :) If I ever get the notification again I'll take a screen shot.. But in the meantime I'll make sure the cloud is not showing on my watch. :)

fredd17

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site

Hi B.Diddy
Here's that screen shot I told you about. Not an issue just wanted to follow up with you from the last post 😊☺

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-09-17-08-52-46.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-09-17-08-52-46.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 27

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Oops, I thought you were referring to the swipedown screen on the watch​, not the phone! I don't see that notification on my phone, either.

fredd17

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Oops, I thought you were referring to the swipedown screen on the watch​, not the phone! I don't see that notification on my phone, either.
It suddenly popped up this morning. I like it but I'm sure it will go away at some point.

Nitro211K

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Call this a bonus feature ;) my watch is on my left hand so if I want to wake it or put it in dim mode, all I do is flick my wrist backwards 90° angle (as if to Give a high five)which causes the back of my hand to press the watch side button, thus waking/diming the watch. (Coupled with the motion gestures to scroll thru cards makes it a true one handed operation)lol.

Last edited:

fredd17

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Call this a bonus feature ;) my watch is on my left hand so if I want to wake it or put it in dim mode, all I do is flick my wrist backwards 90° angle (as if to Give a high five)which causes the back of my hand to press the watch side button, thus waking/diming the watch. (A true one handed operation)lol.

LOL... I've done the same thing when doing push-ups!!! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol