Watch cannot work without cradle, "drops dead"

Wout Mertens

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

My watch has been turning off without warning lately (the past few months), and when I try to turn it on again it shows the LG logo and immediately goes black again. Only when I put it on the cradle will it boot normally, and once it booted the charge shows as 50-90%.

I sort of suspect the battery; I opened it up, unplugged the battery, replugged the battery, and then it behaved halfway normally for a few hours. Now, even that doesn't help.

The odd thing is that if I go into the bootloader, the watch stays on - so is the problem the battery or something else?

The watch is past warrantee now, but I've had to send it in 5-6 times for repairs due to blackscreens even while connected to my phone. They replaced the battery a couple of times, so that also points to the battery maybe not being the culprit.

There is no trace of corrosion on the motherboard. I tried factory reset from the bootloader - no change.

Thoughts?

Wout Mertens

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
Update: I drained the battery by putting it in bootloader mode so it wouldn't turn off, and then I fully charged it in 3 hours, and then I could take it off the cradle without it stopping.

However, a few minutes later it turned off when it tried to vibrate. Maybe it's the battery after all, and booting/vibrating takes too much power?

Also interesting is that when it boots, it resets to 1AM, so the internal clock also lost power, if there is such a thing.

So, still dead :(:(:(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis