LG G Watch Disconnected...

mickmel

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Many times when searching via voice I'm getting a "disconnected" error with a list of other things to tap (like when you tap the clock to see a list of actions).

The phone is within a few feet, on a solid wifi connection. Droid Maxx from Verizon, stock ROM. Watch is the LG G Watch, including the update that came out today.

Any thoughts?

bmarvoz

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I noticed this once as well on a solid wifi connection. Switched off wifi and on to 4g and it worked. Haven't noticed it since that though even on wifi. Another curious thing is that I couldn't download the initial update on a wifi connection (It failed after trying to start downloading it for 5 minutes) . Had to do it on 4g

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Many times when searching via voice I'm getting a "disconnected" error with a list of other things to tap (like when you tap the clock to see a list of actions).

The phone is within a few feet, on a solid wifi connection. Droid Maxx from Verizon, stock ROM. Watch is the LG G Watch, including the update that came out today.

Any thoughts?

And you're sure the watch is connected to the phone?

Posted via Android Central App

gumbald

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I've got exactly the same, voice searches would work immediately after doing a BT disconnect/connect cycle, but then fail afterwards. As soon as I disabled wifi on the phone, they would work every time... I'm now on a different wifi network and all is fine, will try and establish what the differences between them are. My phone is Nexus 5 running CM11.

EDIT: After a couple of hours out on cell connection, it's failed to recognise voice, it's like a connection has been dropped... The app shows it as connected though. When I disconnect on the app and then try to reconnect it hangs on "connecting...". While the watch is in the state where a voice search won't work, it doesn't show the cloud disconnected symbol though, only after that search has failed.

tl;dr: I suspect it's the BT on the phone...

Last edited:

mickmel

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
And you're sure the watch is connected to the phone?

Absolutely. Notifications come through fine, and about 50% of the voice queries work. Just randomly about half won't work. Sometimes a few in a row will work, sometimes not. I can't seem to find a pattern.

gumbald

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Absolutely. Notifications come through fine, and about 50% of the voice queries work. Just randomly about half won't work. Sometimes a few in a row will work, sometimes not. I can't seem to find a pattern.

When this happens, what if you turn BT off then on again? That's the thing I seem to have to do to get it to work at the moment.

mickmel

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
When this happens, what if you turn BT off then on again? That's the thing I seem to have to do to get it to work at the moment.

I don't even really need to do that; simply trying again often works. It's just annoying to ask something, have it convert speech to text, then fail, then have to do it again -- often.

gumbald

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I don't even really need to do that; simply trying again often works. It's just annoying to ask something, have it convert speech to text, then fail, then have to do it again -- often.

Ah, maybe we're slightly different then, mine doesn't make it to speech to text stage, the circle just spins top right on an otherwise blank screen.

jasonaward

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Ah, maybe we're slightly different then, mine doesn't make it to speech to text stage, the circle just spins top right on an otherwise blank screen.

I'm having a similar, albeit infrequent problem with my Samsung Gear Live. Something mysterious going on here.

gumbald

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I've just done a reset and changed nothing except for turning off the step card - will see when it first happens again.

UPDATE: Worked for ages, then just stopped again until I did disconnect/connect on Android Wear app. This is quite frustrating.

Last edited:

Nytrocide

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Happened with me as well, and I just got impatient and reset the watch to factory lol...it kept all the updates though, so only like 2 mins. I have noticed that overnight I had my phone and watch right next to each other, phone on Nexus wireless charger and G Watch not charging powered off. When I woke up and turned it on it couldn't sync at all. But yeah, #EarlyAdopterProblems

Swatto

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I have the same issue, I am on Wifi and the watch is getting disconnected from bluetooth a-lot - I am also using a HTC M8..hmm

mosi76

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I just got my LG G Watch and paired it with my stock Moto X running 4.4. It paired no problem but I would say 95% of the time I get a disconnected message when doing a voice search. It is pretty infuriating.

Notifications still seem to come through and I still get served cards but voice search fails almost all the time. When I initially went from Wifi to 4g it worked for one search and then back to disconnected. It doesn't seem to be a phone problem since people on here are using a number of different phones. This is a bug that needs to get fixed ASAP by Google.

I am disappointed but hopeful they can get this quickly fixed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34