Pictures Thread :: Show us your G Watch (Customization & Fit)

Tower72

Gigantic Member
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Regular strap from Kohls. 12.99. Plus I used the WearFaces app to make a face with the SoA logo :D

Attachments

• IMAG0696.jpg
    IMAG0696.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 137

MC_A_DOT

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Stock straps and downloaded the "BetterWearFace" app.... Me and my buddies

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• 5242.jpg
    5242.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 260

Prop_r

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Here's mine...

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• lh6.googleusercontent.jpg
    lh6.googleusercontent.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 117
    45.6 KB · Views: 117
    33 KB · Views: 117

alextongck

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi Penguwin,

Since you have both the pebble and the LG, which do you prefer for your daily drive.
Comparing the screen B/W and color, battery life of 5 days vs 1 days, 5ATM vs splash proof and notification functionality?
I am torn between them, appreciated your insights on this.. Thanks.

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi Penguwin,

Since you have both the pebble and the LG, which do you prefer for your daily drive.
Comparing the screen B/W and color, battery life of 5 days vs 1 days, 5ATM vs splash proof and notification functionality?

Not who you were asking but I haven't turned my pebble on since I got my g watch...

alextongck

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, mr_nobody, for the reply.
Appreciate further if you could elaborate on your experience base on the criteria I mention in points format , if its not to much to ask, else never mind, thanks however ya.

Penguwin

VR Expert
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi Penguwin,

Greets,

Personally, I prefer the G Watch mainly because of it's capabilities (more on that in a minute tho). The G Watch is my daily driver since I got it... The Toq was before that. I still use the pebble, but only as a exercise / running watch (as the pebble has proven to be sweat/water resistant & pretty tough on getting knocked around).

To your questions tho...

- Screens between pebble and the G Watch... The biggest thing that comes to mind besides the obvious color vs. e-paper is visibility. The pebble is perfectly glanceable and the screen can be read in most any situation (day, night, direct sunlight, etc.) . The G Watch can be difficult to read in direct sunlight unless you turn the backlight all the way up and even then it's not ideal. Also, the backlight will stay on full brightness so when you go inside, you'll have a very bright glowing watch :) . I have mitigated this by installing a third-party app / mini-launcher that allows you to change the brightness easily, but it's still not an ideal solution.

That said... I don't spend a large amount of time outdoors, so this is only a minor nuisance to me.

- Battery life... Apples and oranges here. My pebble usually got 5 days on a charge (even with heavy use and 2.x firmware) when I used it daily. The G Watch makes it thru a single day with only about 30-40% battery left... So getting a second day out of a single charge is unlikely.
I charge my smartphone every night and don't like sleeping with a watch on, so I don't mind putting the G watch on the charger every night either. I suppose this is a personal preference thing.

- Water resistance... I have flat out submerged & soaked the pebble in water, soap, oil, coolant, dirt, dust, etc. I admit my pebble is scratched up, but it still works. I'm actually surprised I haven't broken it to be honest.

The G Watch I treat with kid gloves around water. The most I've done to it was got it a little wet when washing my hands and it has survived that just fine. I have heard of others taking it into the shower with no issues. It is IP67 rated tho, sorry I can't be of more help there.

- Notifications / Functionality.... Up until this point it might sound like I prefer the pebble based on my answers above. I have to admit, the pebble is a nice SmartWatch that is durable (in my experience), capable, and with the use of third party apps can do a lot of cool things. It's also cross platform, if you care about that (I know, this is a Android site). However, this is where the G Watch takes the cake and why I where one on the daily.

The G Watch gives me every notification on my wrist without a lot of configuring and use of third party software to make it work. Most of my notifications are actionable right from my wrist, the phone can stay in my pocket. In other words, reading that email, replying to a text message, favorite or retweet a twitter post, checking the weather (even multiple day forecast), even the app I use for tracking deliveries/packages can all be done on my wrist without the phone leaving my pocket.

Add to that all the Google Now & voice control goodies and a growing app developer community and it simply wins me over. Setting a reminder, controlling my music, taking a quick note can all be done from the wrist quickly.

I should mention that most of these functions are Android Wear capabilities and any Android Wear watch (like the Samsung Live or upcoming Moto 360) should be able to do the same. I just picked the G Watch as I preferred the design over the Samsung. I will probably be buying a Moto 360 as well, but I have a bit of an obsession with smartwatches :) Hehe.

Sorry for the long post... Ultimately, I think you should pick what you feel works best for you as everyone's "use case" may be a little different.

Hope my experience helped a little :) . Take care.

alextongck

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi Penguwin, Thanks for your very insights thoughts, appreciated. Will be waiting for the moto 360 spec, price and review or maybe the Asus budgeted smartwatch. Use to have the Smartq Z1 watch but sold to accommodate the android wear or pebble soon.

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Already covered by penguwin but ultimately it comes down to how much priority you personally put on the differences between the watches. Are you okay with charging daily? Do you need to swim/shower with your watch? Do you spend a lot of time outdoors in bright sunlight? For me, the increased functionality of android wear trumps those issues (most of which are not even issues for me _personally_).

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Metal band really sets it off

Posted via Android Central App on my VZW Note 3

Attachments

• 20140917_202739.jpg
    20140917_202739.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 138
  • 20141002_022302.jpg
    20141002_022302.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 138
  • 20141002_022318.jpg
    20141002_022318.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 138

alextongck

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Last edited:

eneq11

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site

flychinook

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
My new watch band: Black polyurethane link from Amazon, about $30 I think. If you're the type that equates lightweight with cheap-feeling, this won't be a good choice. It's very lightweight and comfortable, and has a semi-glossy finish that fits the G Watch well.
20150116_233045.jpg
20150116_233009.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance