Controlling media volume

jlo3378

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Is it possible to control the volume of your media player with this watch? I've searched but can't find an answer. Trying to decide what I want to get.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Is it possible to control the volume of your media player with this watch? I've searched but can't find an answer. Trying to decide what I want to get.

Thanks in advance!

I've been looking at a lot of reviews and might have found your answer here: LG G Watch Review - Smartwatch Reviews

According to the review from Tom's Guide, you are unable to adjust the volume of music with the watch, but you are able to change the song track.

jlo3378

May 25, 2011
Visit site
According to the review from Tom's Guide, you are unable to adjust the volume of music with the watch, but you are able to change the song track.

Thanks for the link! I wonder if it's something they may be incorporating into it at some point. I was an early adopter of the original gear and enjoyed the watch actually, but switched to LG g3 and got the galaxy gear to work but limited and battery draining horribly.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the link! I wonder if it's something they may be incorporating into it at some point. I was an early adopter of the original gear and enjoyed the watch actually, but switched to LG g3 and got the galaxy gear to work but limited and battery draining horribly.

Makes sense. However, for me per say, I would use the watch while running.

I usually play music at a certain volume level, and leave it alone.

That's just my experience. It's strange that you are unable to do it via the watch though o_O.

jlo3378

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Makes sense.
I usually play music at a certain volume level, and leave it alone.

It came in handy when my son would be watching Netflix and turn the volume all the way up. I was able to turn it back down without chasing him! Lol.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
It came in handy when my son would be watching Netflix and turn the volume all the way up. I was able to turn it back down without chasing him! Lol.

I think I read somewhere that you can adjust the volume on Netflix with the G watch. :p

I'll try and find it again.

stan23

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
When paired with my ATT LG G3 phone, and using the default music player, I can change tracks. Also the album art shows up on the watch.

junglejunkie

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I think I read somewhere that you can adjust the volume on Netflix with the G watch. :p

I'll try and find it again.

I just tried it. Doesn't work, just play and pause. I have no doubt that once this platform matures just a bit, app interactions will have grown by leaps and bounds. Now please excuse me I need to finish watching Hemlock Grove.

Posted via Android Central App

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
found it. He's using an app for the watch called wearable widgets

Apparently not an idea solution as its apparently heavy on the battery life and it seems from the reviews it requires the app open on your phone as well.

Last edited:

robinsc

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
Flogging a year old thread I know but just in case you stumble across it now you can increase and decrease the music volume from your g watch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol