Repeated Disconnects

cliffy

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I've had my G watch for several months now, and not long after getting it I have been experiencing random and repeated disconnects of the watch while using my phone. I have it connected to my Nexus 5 running 5.0, and I was really excited to get the watch to use the trusted devices security feature in Android 5.0.
The problem is that when I'm using my phone, my watch will vibrate and the Find My Phone app that I installed will say that my phone is out of range, then the trusted devices security feature will kick in and lock the phone while I'm right in the middle of using it. I'll put in my password to unlock the phone, and the same thing will happen immediately after I unlock it, making me put my password in again. I will repeat this process 5 or 6 times until it finally stays unlocked and I can continue doing what I was before. This will happen at least twice a day (usually more) and has become such an annoyance that I've had to disable the trusted devices security feature.
I've reset the watch to factory defaults and uninstalled all Wear apps, but it continues to happen. Anyone else having this problem, or know that's causing it?