my flash didn't work

ryan lehman

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
I have a d800 and have cwm and it's rooted and tried to flash cm11 but when I try to update from external sd card it won't find anything because there's no sd card for the phone. So basically I just cleared all my data for nothin. Lol. Please help. Thanks!

Posted via Android Central App

BadgerVadge907

May 3, 2014
Visit site
what size sd card? sometimes 64gb dont read in cwm... but work in Twrp. its the file system format of the card eg. fat-32, ntfs, ext4. u might have to format your card and change the file system. or use different recovery like twrp2.6

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
There's no SD card slot on the G2. You should be able to download CM 11 on computer and add it to phone using USB cable. Then flash it using latest version of TWRP.

Sent from my G2 running SOKP

stick227

May 11, 2014
Visit site
I tried the exact same thing. Downloaded cm-11-20140510-NIGHTLY-d800.zip from Cyanogenmod, moved it to my internal storage on my LG G2, tried flashing it, and it fails to flash. I of course factory reset my phone before trying to flash. I also downloaded the latest gapps and moved in to my phone, and that did not work either.

WARNING: Always create a backup of your ROM before factory resetting your phone, it has saved me plenty of times.

Links used:

CM DOWNLOADS - https://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=d800

GAPPS - Google Apps - CyanogenMod

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Do all attempts to flash a custom ROM fail or just CM?
And what version of LG firmware are you on? Some are not compatible with custom ROMs.

Sent from my G2 running SOKP

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463