Wifi doesn't work, battery drains fast, phone acting strange overall

qotsa14

Dec 9, 2018
Visit site
I've been using my LG G2 with Cyanogenmod 13.1 for about 2 years now and my wifi just stopped working one day. When i connect to a wifi hotspot it would take until 1-2 minutes for it to turn off and not work again until i shut off my phone, wait a couple a minutes for wifi to work and turn itself off again. Most of the time this doesn't even happen and it just says "mac adress unavaliable". Besides wifi issues my phone also started to work laggy, freezes and shuts itself off on its own sometimes and my battery drains fast.

I thought the wifi chip could be broken on my phone but then why do i have the other problems? I uninstalled my setup and tried installing 2 different ROMs on my phone but i still have the same issues. So i'm not sure if it's a software issue. If it's a hardware issue i'm having which part could be broken? Is there anyway for me to fix it?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If the wifi chip is bad, the wifi MAC address won't be available, and the chip may be drawing a lot from the battery. That would also cause slow operation (lag is high internet latency), freezing and shutting off.

It sounds like it's time for a new phone - fixing this one (a new motherboard) will cost more than replacing it with a newer one.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I moved this from the General News forum to the G2 Rooting/ROMs forum, for more specific traffic.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX