As the title states, is the point of the Slide Aside feature to keep the apps in memory so they don't automatically close like apps can normally?
    08-07-2013 07:13 PM
    Just seems like a cack handed version of multitasking, android is already very good at it!
    08-09-2013 04:58 AM
    Just seems like a cack handed version of multitasking, android is already very good at it!
    The redundancy is maddening.
    08-09-2013 08:35 AM
    There are a few apps that suck at this, both ways (remembering, or resetting). Leave the app. Come back later. It is not in the same state as it was when I left it. It's nice to see there is an option to keep my app in the state I left it. I miss the way my BB did it. You could exit the app or close the app. If I'm done I close it. If I'm coming back I exit it. It is annoying to come back to an app and have it reset when I didn't want it to, or have to push the back button several times to get to where I want to. I don't always want the same thing to happen to a particular app every time either. I prefer individual control of each app. I don't care what's running in memory. I don't care about task killers that keep apps closed. I want granular control of each app, and I think it should be an option of the OS. So, this feature is of interest to me as it satisfies part of that desire.
    08-09-2013 09:04 PM