Verizon getting exclusive wireless charging???

jwyche007

May 10, 2013
Visit site
It's annoying but not even close to being a deal breaker. Even though I've had a nexus 4 since November I have yet to use it and to be honest I probably never will.

Posted via Android Central App

Honestabebread

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
I didn't want an LG phone but this seals the deal. I have a RAZR M but miss the wireless charging from my 8X. My next phone has to have it and the Maxx is too much on contact

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I would suspect off contract to be $699. I say that because the Droid Maxx (new one) is $699. It has a 5" 720p display S4 Pro processor and 3GB of storage. See the issue, much lower specs at a stupid high price. I suspect Verizon is jacking their prices up given their new every 6 month upgrade crap.

kikaha

May 8, 2013
Visit site
The good news is that Verizon is the only carrier that will have wireless charging.
The bad news is that the Verizon version won't go on sell until October.
And it will cost $500..
...on contract.

Last edited:

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
The good news is that Verizon is the only carrier that will have wireless charging.
And it will cost $500..
...on contract.

I'm sorry which phone did Verizon state they would have "at Launch" that took longer than 30 days compared to other carriers. Not saying they don't take 15-30 days longer..they do.. Their process takes a couple weeks longer (personally i can appreciate a more detailed review process) .. But the joke of October 2014??? I'm lost... I don't know of 1 phone that was overly ridiculous.. Again that they stated they would carry at launch???

I'm sarcastically asking this question because tons of people wanna label verizon slow to get phones
... Because of the Htc one... But they never said they would carry it until... They said they would carry it... I think there was a clear enough reason they didn't carry it... (DNA)... Outside of that.. Id like to know which phone took soooooooo long to make this a on going valid claim... We know they will typically be 15-30days slower.... I don't mind because 9/10 it's going to be more solid than than other networks in terms of stability..

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
And it will cost $500..
...on contract.

And what do you know... verizon has announced their's to be released ahead of the others.... I mean damn they don't jump om the Htc one and people go crazy

Chiplg

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Interesting point. Verizon wireless is the only carrier that is part of the Wireless Power Consortium that developed the Qi standard. There are 161 members listed on their website. www.wirelesspowerconsortium.com There may be a foreign carrier in there but l didn't see any I knew.

They are obviously more committed to it.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm sorry which phone did Verizon state they would have "at Launch" that took longer than 30 days compared to other carriers. Not saying they don't take 15-30 days longer..they do.. Their process takes a couple weeks longer (personally i can appreciate a more detailed review process) .. But the joke of October 2014??? I'm lost... I don't know of 1 phone that was overly ridiculous.. Again that they stated they would carry at launch???

I'm sarcastically asking this question because tons of people wanna label verizon slow to get phones
... Because of the Htc one... But they never said they would carry it until... They said they would carry it... I think there was a clear enough reason they didn't carry it... (DNA)... Outside of that.. Id like to know which phone took soooooooo long to make this a on going valid claim... We know they will typically be 15-30days slower.... I don't mind because 9/10 it's going to be more solid than than other networks in terms of stability..

Well actually Verizon IS slow to release any phone and to say they aren't because they never formally state when, if or how they will release the phone at a launch event is a poor excuse. They are becoming in fact the # 1 carrier for NOT saying squat about a date. They like to drag their heels, hold back on release dates and get people to buy other crappy (Droid) phones since they can't get confirmation about the phone they want.

Personally I am waiting on the GN3 to arrive, I will be checking out the G2, I have to I can't let it slide by but without microSD and swappable battery (for me they are key) its likely a non-starter.

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Well actually Verizon IS slow to release any phone and to say they aren't because they never formally state when, if or how they will release the phone at a launch event is a poor excuse. They are becoming in fact the # 1 carrier for NOT saying squat about a date. They like to drag their heels, hold back on release dates and get people to buy other crappy (Droid) phones since they can't get confirmation about the phone they want.

Personally I am waiting on the GN3 to arrive, I will be checking out the G2, I have to I can't let it slide by but without microSD and swappable battery (for me they are key) its likely a non-starter.

Um if a company does not state they will carry a phone how can you hold them to a date... Again verizon has given the date for the LG G2 before the others and for the Moto X they have given dates before 3 of the other 4.....
Im still waiting to hear which phone besides the Htc one was Verizon soooo slow on releasing.... Cases are won on facts can someone please provide some here.... One time they don't get it when people want it.. people want to label them that they're slow... Smh.

It's not slow it was by choice.. yes they wanted to sell the DNA... So they didn't give a date or confirm they would even carry the htc one... If that means them making more money to sell more of both phones so they have more money to build the network I'm using.. (LTE advanced which oh verizon was the first with lte and will be the first to have lte advanced) then I'll take it... And when its up first... I'll post about how slow the other companies are at upgrading their networks... Smh..

Last edited:

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
That's not a major delay, First off... And can u provide more than just.. U saying it? Just wondering

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I confirmed it was just short of a month.... It was slower yes.. But nothing for people to keeeep this ongoing thing.. I guess im learning when people on a forum hear about a phone we want it now.. And right now.. I can see that but.. I do think verizon gets plenty of phones early too.. But the htc one.. Was a one off.. 3 weeks isn't worth the criticism they get

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia