Verizon G2 Goes On Sale September 12th!

sheba510

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I want to so much upgrade my HTC Rezound. Was considering the HTC One or Droid Maxx. May just wait a few more weeks and checkout the G2. I will need a phone with at least 32GB if there is no microSD card slot.

I wonder how much the off contract price will be? I need to preserve my unlimited plan.

Bond111

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I really believe this will be my next device. I won't hold my breath for Verizon to release the MotoNexus. That would be about the only way to keep me from getting this phone. Really wish we had an insider to give us Verizon guys some hope on holding out though...

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
The fact that we are hearing about the release date so quickly AND that Verizon is getting it BEFORE AT&T gets it is amazing. This I hope is a changing of the guard and Verizon is going from dead last to first or at least middle of the release party window. Rumors are GN3 will release also mid to late September and Verizon could be first.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
The fact that we are hearing about the release date so quickly AND that Verizon is getting it BEFORE AT&T gets it is amazing. This I hope is a changing of the guard and Verizon is going from dead last to first or at least middle of the release party window. Rumors are GN3 will release also mid to late September and Verizon could be first.

Are you kidding?? I felt like it was taking forever!! :cool: I thought they should have announced the release date at the debut. I've been going crazy waiting to hear when it was coming out.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Are you kidding?? I felt like it was taking forever!! :cool: I thought they should have announced the release date at the debut. I've been going crazy waiting to hear when it was coming out.
I will never understand Verizon's reasoning behind holding back on release date info. It's not like they don't know when the phone is coming, or that they have negotiated far in advance on adding the phone, getting it tested etc. They just like to make a "big production" out of the network testing thing but really its all about the bootloader and making sure its locked up better than their daughters on prom night.

disneyf1

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I want to so much upgrade my HTC Rezound. Was considering the HTC One or Droid Maxx. May just wait a few more weeks and checkout the G2. I will need a phone with at least 32GB if there is no microSD card slot.

I agree, does anyone know how much storage the Verizon version will have?

sox08

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
im looking forward to the lg g2 on vzw as I just sold my s4 {mostly cause of battery life} and im nervous that the g2 although it has a battery 400mah larger than the s4 it wont be enough. I had every Sammy feature turned off and screen to auto on s4 and was barely squeezing thru 8 to 10 hr work day medium use. and with the g2 bigger screen and faster processor im wondering if id just be better going with the maxx even tho I wasn't to impressed with the form factor when I held it in the store. anyone else worried bout the g2 battery??

Overstew

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
I will never understand Verizon's reasoning behind holding back on release date info. It's not like they don't know when the phone is coming, or that they have negotiated far in advance on adding the phone, getting it tested etc. They just like to make a "big production" out of the network testing thing but really its all about the bootloader and making sure its locked up better than their daughters on prom night.

I think they do that to be on the safe side. Most big orders like that run into issues and delays happen. When delays happen, people get upset so Verizon is likely just avoiding that potential situation.

kikaha

May 8, 2013
Visit site
As long as it is the 32gb version I'm ok with that price. Has anyone heard if it will be the 32gb or not?

I would like to think that they wouldn't be stupid enough to only carry the 16GB version but they only have the 16GB version of the Motorola...soooooooo...............................

darkestred

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
im looking forward to the lg g2 on vzw as I just sold my s4 {mostly cause of battery life} and im nervous that the g2 although it has a battery 400mah larger than the s4 it wont be enough. I had every Sammy feature turned off and screen to auto on s4 and was barely squeezing thru 8 to 10 hr work day medium use. and with the g2 bigger screen and faster processor im wondering if id just be better going with the maxx even tho I wasn't to impressed with the form factor when I held it in the store. anyone else worried bout the g2 battery??

8-10 hours sounds more like heavy use to me. Screen isn't much bigger and with the new processor supposedly you'll see power savings. 400 mah is nothing. Maybe 20-30 minutes of use.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site

This is my main concern as well. I love the battery life on my RMHD and really don't want to settle for less. I love the specs of the G2, but if the battery doesn't measure up I'll probably return it for the Maxx. I'm hoping that with more efficient processors and all that it will have good life. I guess I'll know in a few weeks.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I think they do that to be on the safe side. Most big orders like that run into issues and delays happen. When delays happen, people get upset so Verizon is likely just avoiding that potential situation.
I have never bought into that being the reasoning. Verizon likes to jerk our chains and move product launches at their whim. Every other carrier can and does announce launch dates on new products. Apple strictly controls the launch date and the carriers simply take it. Verizon wants users to buy what they have in stock today and not wait for tomorrows new toy. The fact that its launching a day before AT&T is shocking as it is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy