Verizon LG G2 vs.

anuraj1

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I agree completely. Unless there is a VZW Nexus device this year, I will likely be buying this phone. But Verizon took an already iffy feature that I could probably get used to and made it look completely awful.

Hopefully this was just an early rendering and it won't be the final design.

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I do agree that in the render the back looks rather **** ugly..however..2 things to keep in mind; it'll probably look significantly better in reality..and 2nd; one there's a case on it..it will matter little. (will be interesting to see btw if case manufacturers opt for simple cutouts for the buttons or cover them like some cases do for side buttons)

xgman

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I can't believe Verizon would put that logo on the front of the phone. They didn't do that with the Galaxy line. Almost kills the deal for me. Maybe it won't be the on the real deal?

Hunan

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
The caption below the photo of the back on the LG photo does say actual back cover may vary with carrier.

Actually I don't think the Verizon version looks bad. And one needs to see and hold the phone not just look preview photos. I will reserve judgement. I plan to get one from Verizon next month if it looks good and performs well.

xgman

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I don't care that much about the back of the phone, but that Verizon shown on the top front is pretty bad stuff.

sheba510

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
It is just weird having the buttons on the back no matter which version of the G2 you look it at. I don't care about the logos as the back logo can be covered by a case and after a while I just ignore the front logo. What matters to me is the off-contract price, if the 32GB version will be available and if the phone lives up to its specs. I have unlimited data plan and will be paying full price for my next phone no matter which one I decide to buy. Leaning towards the G2.

rsjet

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
The back is hideous like you said. And so is the front VZW logo. However, we have no choice if we want this phone (and I do).

DestinedtoGame

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
The back is hideous like you said. And so is the front VZW logo. However, we have no choice if we want this phone (and I do).

Oh we have a choice, it will be costly lol. I am sure if this phone does very welly. There will be people out there who will do custom jobs for it.

For a brighter tomorrow.

BarrettF77

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
Here's hoping for a google play edition and using that on Verizon. I don't need foo foo features and I surely don't need all that ugly branding. I know who my $200/mo goes to. The whole world doesn't need to know I'm their mobile billboard as well. I'd buy this, but not with all that graffiti all over it.

Aredubu

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I really like the looks of this phone. Don't know much about the radio though. Hope it's better than the one on my DNA, which frequently reads it's in and out of 4G coverage. My Razr Maxx HD never never did that in the same areas, which are between home and work.

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
We have a droid DNA.. which happens to have an excellent radio from our personal experience.. but anyhow what does that have to do with an LG phone? the DNA is made by HTC.

I have always liked motorola because of their radios.. but frankly my razr m gets worse reception than my girls DNA does, or my buddies HTC ONE.

I don't really know much about LG's radios.. specifically of the CDMA and LTE variants but I hope they are good, because that is a huge deciding factor for me (my phone is actually used as a phone.. if it wasn't I would just buy a tablet)

Aredubu

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
We have a droid DNA.. which happens to have an excellent radio from our personal experience.. but anyhow what does that have to do with an LG phone? the DNA is made by HTC.

I have always liked motorola because of their radios.. but frankly my razr m gets worse reception than my girls DNA does, or my buddies HTC ONE.

I don't really know much about LG's radios.. specifically of the CDMA and LTE variants but I hope they are good, because that is a huge deciding factor for me (my phone is actually used as a phone.. if it wasn't I would just buy a tablet)

My point was as kuch as I like radios on the Motorolas, and love the screen on my DNA, I am open to trying this new G2, provided LG has a decent radio.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
My point was as kuch as I like radios on the Motorolas, and love the screen on my DNA, I am open to trying this new G2, provided LG has a decent radio.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4

Lg uses Qualcomm radios, and their own antenna designs. (LGs got a pretty good background with radio and antenna design, so...)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

doogie1

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I currently have the S4, really solid phone. I do however, want this phone. Haven't had an LG since the Chocolate! I guess some will say, this isn't much of an upgrade from the S4. I don't agree.. CPU, camera, display are enough for me to switch. The logo is an eyesore for me as well but, I might have to live with it until the S5 comes out. Nobody is considering the Note III?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21