HELP! Is this phone worth it????

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I just bought the Samsung Galaxy S4 on Sunday (09/1/13) from T-mobile
They just announced the LG G2 release on 09/18/13,

My question: Should I return the S4 within the grace period of 14 days and then Purchase the G2????
Is the LG G2 worth the restocking fee of 50 bucks?
And what features will it come with that will truly impress me?

Thanks!

jwyche007

May 10, 2013
Visit site
It's up to you to figure that out. If you want my opinion I would take this over the S4 hands down. To be honest it's not even close due to a few reason; The Snapdragon S800 SoC, Superior Camera, and the Superior Screen.

#HOLOYOLO

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
It's up to you to figure that out. If you want my opinion I would take this over the S4 hands down. To be honest it's not even close due to a few reason; The Snapdragon S800 SoC, Superior Camera, and the Superior Screen.

#HOLOYOLO

Thats exactly what I was thinking.... But will this processor be that big of a difference? and I dont care much about the screen. But I do enjoy a nice camera.

FYI. I have the S4 already rooted running the GPE ROM. which is the way google intended it to be. And it works very well with the Snapdragon 600.
I love Vanilla android, and I have never owned a LG phone (except the Nexus 4 which doesnt count). So I dont know much about its LG "UI"

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Thats exactly what I was thinking.... But will this processor be that big of a difference? and I dont care much about the screen. But I do enjoy a nice camera.

FYI. I have the S4 already rooted running the GPE ROM. which is the way google intended it to be. And it works very well with the Snapdragon 600.
I love Vanilla android, and I have never owned a LG phone (except the Nexus 4 which doesnt count). So I dont know much about its LG "UI"

LG's UI is crazy customizable. As in, you can change every icon if you'd like to. It can be fairly overwhelming, but they at least give you options. In addition, a lot of the features they have you don't have to use, and many come turned off by default.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
LG's UI is crazy customizable. As in, you can change every icon if you'd like to. It can be fairly overwhelming, but they at least give you options. In addition, a lot of the features they have you don't have to use, and many come turned off by default.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

It sounds like the Samsung UI. Is it laggy like touchwiz? or is it built better?

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I didn't like this phone because it just looked huge, then I watched a video of it and it really does look awesome, all the customization and top of the line specs and LG interface they really did a great job with it, if it was smaller I think I would def think about getting one

Sent from my HTC One

darkestred

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
I didn't like this phone because it just looked huge, then I watched a video of it and it really does look awesome, all the customization and top of the line specs and LG interface they really did a great job with it, if it was smaller I think I would def think about getting one

Sent from my HTC One

Not to mention both phones are basically identical in size (the htc one and this) but the lg's screen is an extra half inch bigger.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
It sounds like the Samsung UI. Is it laggy like touchwiz? or is it built better?
I saw comparisons saying the g2 runs smoother than the note 3 so that should give you an idea of how the skin is. Doesn't seem as heavy as touchwiz and seems like its not as large in size as touchwiz is either

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
I just bought the Samsung Galaxy S4 on Sunday (09/1/13) from T-mobile
They just announced the LG G2 release on 09/18/13,

My question: Should I return the S4 within the grace period of 14 days and then Purchase the G2????
Is the LG G2 worth the restocking fee of 50 bucks?
And what features will it come with that will truly impress me?

Thanks!

Without a doubt it's worth it.

Posted via Android Central App

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
if you plan to root the phone and go custom like you did one the S4 then you literally leave it to specs. Which the LG blows away the S4.
Better call quality, better signal, better sound, better screen, better Proc etc on the LG G2.

LG > S4 in every way. Take it back

verks

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
if you plan to root the phone and go custom like you did one the S4 then you literally leave it to specs. Which the LG blows away the S4.
Better call quality, better signal, better sound, better screen, better Proc etc on the LG G2.

LG > S4 in every way. Take it back

I agree. Due to the LG being on all the US carriers the dev support should be solid.

I'm running Imfamous and Nova and my S4 is very smooth. The G2 should run better.

I had the Optimus G PRO for a couple months and it restored my faith in LG. That is a great phone with options. The down fall was the lack of development.

Sent from my S4 via Tapatalk Beta

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I agree. Due to the LG being on all the US carriers the dev support should be solid.

I'm running Imfamous and Nova and my S4 is very smooth. The G2 should run better.

I had the Optimus G PRO for a couple months and it restored my faith in LG. That is a great phone with options. The down fall was the lack of development.

Sent from my S4 via Tapatalk Beta

That is my concern. Will developers be buying this phone.... because if not, Ill be stuck with LGs UI. And accord to everyone... seems to be better than touchwiz. That is a good thing

I saw comparisons saying the g2 runs smoother than the note 3 so that should give you an idea of how the skin is. Doesn't seem as heavy as touchwiz and seems like its not as large in size as touchwiz is either

Good to know. This makes me really want to return the S4

how? it's 400mah bigger than the s4 and it's running a newer, more power efficient processor.

Sent from my Nexus 7 FHD using Tapatalk 4

I meant I thought the Current battery of the S4 would have been better considering the mAh size. (but Im sure its because of the screen)

Oofa

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I have an LG G and an S4 and the G (without the 2 and improved) is a quicker, less glitchy phone that has an incredible UI. I would imagine that the G2 will be even better. So yes, I would return the S4 but it definitely is a personal choice. The S4 is a phone that fits perfectly in my hands and my complaint about the LG G is the squared corners. It makes it difficult for me to hold naturally. It all depends on what is important to you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz