a REAL phone review. Anandtech LG G2

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
On battery life, why don't they compare it to the current large battery phones - the RMHD and Droid Maxx? That's the comparison I'd like to see. Is the phone that efficient that its 3000mah battery can last as long as the larger batteries of those phones. I'm not sure how to translate their battery tests into real world usage. Guess I'll have to find out for myself next week.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
On battery life, why don't they compare it to the current large battery phones - the RMHD and Droid Maxx? That's the comparison I'd like to see. Is the phone that efficient that its 3000mah battery can last as long as the larger batteries of those phones. I'm not sure how to translate their battery tests into real world usage. Guess I'll have to find out for myself next week.

This part of the review ...

"While running the two web browsing tests I suspected that the G2 might be my first phone call test to break 24 hours, while it doesn't break it it comes tantalizingly close at 23.5 hours. I'm very impressed with the G2 battery life."

... was good enough for me personally.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Please remember these are not official phones. There still running beta software. Not final software. There isn't even a USA version there still only Korean versions that every one has.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

Probably because the Maxx devices are special cases, designed specifically for ridiculous battery life. It wouldn't exactly be a fair comparison.

The other thing too, which I suspect is the biggest reason, is that they haven't reviewed either Maxx.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Probably because the Maxx devices are special cases, designed specifically for ridiculous battery life. It wouldn't exactly be a fair comparison.

The other thing too, which I suspect is the biggest reason, is that they haven't reviewed either Maxx.

But if they are going to compare it with 10 phones and talk about its great battery life then it would be nice to compare it to the current leader. Just to have a benchmark of where it is,

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
But if they are going to compare it with 10 phones and talk about its great battery life then it would be nice to compare it to the current leader. Just to have a benchmark of where it is,

Ehh. The Maxx devices are outliers, so its not really a big deal. Like I said though, I'm pretty sure they haven't reviewed them.

Nreeldeep

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Ehh. The Maxx devices are outliers, so its not really a big deal. Like I said though, I'm pretty sure they haven't reviewed them.

LG devices are outliers also. And sales of this LG G2 are gonna prove the same. It won't even outsell the HTC One. Because it's an outlier.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
We'll see if Verizon actually markets it. The only thing they seem to have commercials for are the Droids. I'm supposed to be able to blow up brick walls with my RMHD according to the commercial, but haven't found that app yet... Maybe you have to root for that capability.

jgemberton

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I would like to start seeing reviews include details regarding how well the phone picks up a signal, holds a signal, and goes between 3G and 4G. Would also like to see the same for GPS. Earpiece and speaker volume and clarity would be appreciated as well. All the other info is great, but let's not forget these are phones, first and foremost and should excel as such.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I would like to start seeing reviews include details regarding how well the phone picks up a signal, holds a signal, and goes between 3G and 4G. Would also like to see the same for GPS. Earpiece and speaker volume and clarity would be appreciated as well. All the other info is great, but let's not forget these are phones, first and foremost and should excel as such.

Anandtech does that in their full reviews.

Ken7

May 25, 2011
Visit site

Call quality is excellent. On both the sending & receiving end, all my calls have been exemplary. There is plenty of volume in the earpiece and I often lower the volume.

As for signal, it too has been excellent. It outperforms my Samsung Galaxy S3 as well as the S4 & HTC One I returned. I seem to get a more consistent 4G signal and the switches from 3G to 4G are both smooth and fast. That was always a complaint I had with my S3. My wife's Iphone 5 would consistently hold on to a 4G signal better and longer than my S3. With the LG G2, I'm pretty much on par with her Iphone5.

GPS lock on has been almost instantaneous. Additionally, I'm very happy with the Bluetooth performance. Both our cars have the ability to have text messages read aloud. The G2 pairs nicely with this feature and presents no issues. Not so with my wife's IPhone which simply won't work in either car for text message readouts.

Very happy on all ends.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995