Got My Verizon G2 A Day Early... cause I like to party

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: Got My Verizon G2 Tonight... cause I like to party

Very tempted to switch from DNA to G2 like Op (wife would get DNA). Very happy w DNA (still love it) but the 60 off atm is tempting.. Hmmm

Posted via Android Central App

TrekkieMonster

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site

So, as I posted in another thread (about the Verizon30 code), I stopped at my local VZW store first thing this morning. After having played with the G2 for a good long time, if they had been at all attentive or interested in taking my money, I would have bought it then and there. I really like the phone, and the back buttons didn't bother me at all, at least in terms of feel and responsiveness - aesthetically, I still prefer the stock version. Anyway, because they were completely uninterested in helping me in the store, I ordered it online (using the coupon code for $60 off) and it is due to arrive tomorrow morning. I'll let you know what it's like when it arrives. Can't wait.

michael4man

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

I'm also currently on the Droid DNA and had the Nokia wireless chargers at home and work so thanks for testing that. Does this phone feel much faster than the DNA? Also, how do you feel the build quality is compared to the DNA, I love my phone but I would love better battery life. Thanks!!!

JTNiggle

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site

I'm also currently on the Droid DNA and had the Nokia wireless chargers at home and work so thanks for testing that. Does this phone feel much faster than the DNA? Also, how do you feel the build quality is compared to the DNA, I love my phone but I would love better battery life. Thanks!!!

It does feel faster than the DNA, and I was running Viper rom on mine which runs much better than stock. The build quality is very good, I prefer the soft touch back of the DNA, but the G2 does not feel cheap in your hand at all. Maybe it's because of the wireless charging coil in there, but I cannot feel any flex in the back as was described in some of the reviews of the international version.

adrialk

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

Seriously from now on every single phone needs to have Knock On.. and with the Optimizations with that and the G2 it doesn't use battery life at all.. my battery life is amazing and i'm using Knock on and Knock off all day long =D

Please post your battery life results to the battery life thread. Very curious to see how this compares to the Droid MAXX.

michael4man

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

Anyone who had a DNA, did any of you trade it in or sell it, in wondering what the going rate is for a used but in excellent condition DNA is.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site

Big question is IR function still available and does it uncles the lg TV remote app. Also Phil mention if you install a different launcher you lose knock knock. Do you know what else is lost?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site

Holy crap let's stop with battery life. Dam phone isn't even 24 hours old. Give a couple days to settle in before we ask on battery stats.
Please post your battery life results to the battery life thread. Very curious to see how this compares to the Droid MAXX.

JTNiggle

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site

Will do, for now I'm 2.5 hours into my day and the battery is at 97% with an estimated time remaining of 61 hours, this is with medium usage, few emails and a few phone call, few pictures and some app setup.

Anyone who had a DNA, did any of you trade it in or sell it, in wondering what the going rate is for a used but in excellent condition DNA is.

I'm coming from a DNA, I did not sell it, but the 3rd party retailer I went to offered me $155 for it. I will probably just sell it on ebay or craigslist to try to get max value out of it.

Big question is IR function still available and does it uncles the lg TV remote app. Also Phil mention if you install a different launcher you lose knock knock. Do you know what else is lost?

The IR is still there and the remote app is still built in. I have not set it up, but I did confirm that the app opens and directs you to setup.

Maria Esponoza

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for posting pics. That is a pretty sexy phone. I have a friend that has the LG Optimus G and he is wanting to go to this. What you think? Recommend?

darkestred

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site

IR works. I have it setup on my Panasonic Viera and Verizon FIOS STB.

You do not lose knock knock feature with custom launchers. You simply have to double tap the notification bar.

Anyone on the fence. Get it. It's a beautiful phone.

JTNiggle

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site

Also, if you have a good launcher, you can setup a double tap of the home screen to turn the screen off. I've been doing that with Go Launcher and ADW for quite a while on my DNA.

IR works. I have it setup on my Panasonic Viera and Verizon FIOS STB.

You do not lose knock knock feature with custom launchers. You simply have to double tap the notification bar.

Anyone on the fence. Get it. It's a beautiful phone.

sudbury78

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site

Hey op. the issue with stock galaxy is the home screen and app/widget drawer is not continuous scroll. Is thus phone that way or does it stop at the end and make you go back the other way? Thanks.

LGElectronics

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
So, I was calling verizon stores in my area to see if they would have the G2 tomorrow. Wasn't having a lot of luck, not even with the corporate store, then I got in touch with a local third party store that said they had it in store. I asked if they would sell it tonight, and 30 minutes later, the G2 is in my hands!

So, because pics or it didn't happen...

View attachment 80889 View attachment 80890

So far I'm just getting it set up and lovin it. The knock on and off is damn fantastic and is now a must have!

I can also field any questions anyone may have, I'll be up for a few more hours playing around with this thing.

We're happy to see you're loving your LG G2, and thanks for the feedback! Please let us know if you have any questions for us, thanks! ^AM

mikebear

May 26, 2010
Visit site

Picked up my G@ this morning (and a wireless charger). Love it. Great reception (especially compared to my GNex). The screen is SO beautiful!. It's very responsive, the size is perfect for me, there's too much bloatware. Looking forward to a long relationship together.

spas2k

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
We're happy to see you're loving your LG G2, and thanks for the feedback! Please let us know if you have any questions for us, thanks! ^AM

I have a question about the G2. Is the g2 going to be updated in a timely manner, like get the newest version of android Kit Kat in a reasonable time frame?

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site

Will do, for now I'm 2.5 hours into my day and the battery is at 97% with an estimated time remaining of 61 hours, this is with medium usage, few emails and a few phone call, few pictures and some app setup.

I'm coming from a DNA, I did not sell it, but the 3rd party retailer I went to offered me $155 for it. I will probably just sell it on ebay or craigslist to try to get max value out of it.

The IR is still there and the remote app is still built in. I have not set it up, but I did confirm that the app opens and directs you to setup.
thank you

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site

Check out droid life they have a good 10min video on. Yes the home screen can be set up like a nova launcher screen. There are a lot of customized features on this phone even the soft keys can be reargerned
Hey op. the issue with stock galaxy is the home screen and app/widget drawer is not continuous scroll. Is thus phone that way or does it stop at the end and make you go back the other way? Thanks.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site

So I have been very happy with my HTC One for the past 10 days or so but the battery life and blinkfeed were really worrying me.. So I went in to check out the LG G2 at the verizon corporate store hoping that a more efficient s800 cpu and bigger battery would take care of my battery issues. They didn't have the G2 on display anywhere.. I asked about it and after about 10 minutes the salesman returned from the back room with one he had just unboxed to show me and I got to play with it for a few minutes.. I instantly fell in love with the phone. The two things I worried about were the size of the phone and the verizon modifications.. 1. the size was almost identical to my htc one.. and fit perfect in my hand. 2. the phone looked amazing.

they wouldn't honor the verizon30 coupon and I also wanted to keep my unlimited data so I ordered the g2 online just now and I'll have it tuesday. so pumped.

JTNiggle

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site

You can pick either continuous scroll or not, on both the home screen and the app drawer.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1