Got My Verizon G2 A Day Early... cause I like to party

DestinedtoGame

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: Got My Verizon G2 Tonight... cause I like to party

I am lost as to how people were able to use the Edge program and keep their unlimited data plan. I was told that I had to give up the plan to use the edge program =(

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: Got My Verizon G2 Tonight... cause I like to party

Looks very sharp, can't wait!

I hope either Bell, Rogers or Telus releases the G2 like that Verizon, I love that Power & Volume Rockers buttons.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
How do you like the button location? They seem different on the att&t version. Seems like a innovative idea?! Looks like a great device. Kinda want about 5 devices as of now lol, including this one.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

JTNiggle

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
How do you like the button location? They seem different on the att&t version. Seems like a innovative idea?! Looks like a great device. Kinda want about 5 devices as of now lol, including this one.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

I'm still getting used to the button location, mostly just because of habit formed from my last device. The knock on is making it A LOT easier to adjust to because it lets me more easily use the device while it's on my desk, in my lap, or in the car dock.

jimmiekain

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
@JTNiggle

How would you rate the speaker? Is it loud and clear? I talk on speakerphone a lot and use my phone for an alarm clock. This wont disappoint will it?
??

Jodiuh

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
My previous phone was a note 2 and people always complained about not hearing me. I made a test call with the G2 tonight and the other party said I was loud and clear! The speaker itself is decently loud and very clear.

So what's this about the power noti light nit working for emails and what not?

JTNiggle

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
@JTNiggle

How would you rate the speaker? Is it loud and clear? I talk on speakerphone a lot and use my phone for an alarm clock. This wont disappoint will it?
??

It's good just like Jodiuh said. I use my phone as an alarm clock as well, no problems. The speaker and mic clarity is way better than my DNA, both on standard and speaker phone. This is coming from comments of my friends and coworkers.

cobra617

May 22, 2010
Visit site
I am actually a bit disappointed with the speaker. I was trying to watch a video last night in bed. I had to cup my one hand behind the bottom of the phone (where the speaker is) so that the speaker could be more easily heard. IMO, this is the only thing that I like better on the the HTC One.
Also, is the Verizon version Mono? I only hear (and see) one speaker. Otherwise, I really love this phone.

Off topic here.....darn you original poster for the name of your thread. Every time I see this thread title, the old VengaBoys We like to party starts playing over and over in my head. Sometimes for an hour or two. I then struggle to get it out. By the time I've finally gotten that tune out of my head, I come back to the forums and the vicious cycle starts all over again. :)

Goingcarcrazy

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I am actually a bit disappointed with the speaker. I was trying to watch a video last night in bed. I had to cup my one hand behind the bottom of the phone (where the speaker is) so that the speaker could be more easily heard. IMO, this is the only thing that I like better on the the HTC One.
Also, is the Verizon version Mono? I only hear (and see) one speaker. Otherwise, I really love this phone.

Yes, the Verizon version is mono. No version of the G2 has stereo speakers. It's just an aesthetic touch on the AT&T/international version to hide the mic hole.

cobra617

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Yes, the Verizon version is mono. No version of the G2 has stereo speakers. It's just an aesthetic touch on the AT&T/international version to hide the mic hole.

Ahhh, thanks. I falsely assumed that the two speakers holes were stereo speakers. Not that stereo speakers placed so closely together at the bottom of the phone would make a difference.

Goingcarcrazy

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Ahhh, thanks. I falsely assumed that the two speakers holes were stereo speakers. Not that stereo speakers placed so closely together at the bottom of the phone would make a difference.

Don't feel bad. I've seen 3 reviewer videos (professional tech reviewers mind you) assume that the AT&T/international version have stereo. I honestly would like to know how loud the speakers are. The speakers on my Gnex were unacceptable (quiet and very distorted), but I love the speakers on my Razr Maxx HD. Crazy loud and very clear. I didn't get a chance to test them when I was playing with the phone in store (pushy salesmen everywhere).

cobra617

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Picked mine up yesterday. The battery life is nuts on this phone.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 4

I agree. I've had the phone unplugged for about 3.5 hours. I picked it up and it is still at 93%. I've made 1 phone call, sent a couple of IMs and played with it here and there. My GNex would have been well under 80% by now. I had the extended battery on it. Not an aftermarket battery, the Sansung extended battery which I think was somewhere around 2100mah.

cobra617

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Don't feel bad. I've seen 3 reviewer videos (professional tech reviewers mind you) assume that the AT&T/international version have stereo. I honestly would like to know how loud the speakers are. The speakers on my Gnex were unacceptable (quiet and very distorted), but I love the speakers on my Razr Maxx HD. Crazy loud and very clear. I didn't get a chance to test them when I was playing with the phone in store (pushy salesmen everywhere).

The G2 is a bit louder and clearer than the GNex. (What I just upgraded from). I don't have a Maxx HD to compare to. My wife has a Razr Maxx. I can compare that, but it would have to be this evening.

Goingcarcrazy

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
The G2 is a bit louder and clearer than the GNex. (What I just upgraded from). I don't have a Maxx HD to compare to. My wife has a Razr Maxx. I can compare that, but it would have to be this evening.

If you would, that'd be awesome. I've never really had any complaints about a Motorola phone speaker so it'd be a good baseline, for me at least.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I thought the speaker was pretty loud, had Netflix on last night while cleaning the kitchen and I could hear it pretty good. Way better then the GNex but I'm sure nothing like the One.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
We're happy to see you're loving your LG G2, and thanks for the feedback! Please let us know if you have any questions for us, thanks! ^AM

if you really are an LG rep can you explain how it was widely reported when the phone was launched that it had gorilla glass 3.. but it actually doesnt have it? did you guys change your mind or what happened?

cobra617

May 22, 2010
Visit site
If you would, that'd be awesome. I've never really had any complaints about a Motorola phone speaker so it'd be a good baseline, for me at least.

Ok....unscientific test. I placed both phones on the same spot. Had my wife stand at the same spot. Called each phone from my home phone. Both cell phones had speaker volume set to max. Here is what my wife said.
The G2 was louder than the Maxx. They were equally as clear.
Just to reiterate. The other phone was a Razr Maxx, the generation before the Razr Maxx HD.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy