Are you going to wait for white or just get the black now?

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I stopped by the Verizon store this morning 2h after they opened. They didn't have the phone out yet. Didn't even know it was launching today. The woman knew nothing of a white phone and said their system didn't show anything on it. She said I could always go ahead and get the black and then return it and get the white if it was available in the next 2 weeks.

So how many of you that want white are going to hold out until who knows when or are you just going to go ahead and get the black now?

Edit: after having played with it for a bit in the store today - the shiny back is kind of slippery and that might make it get a case for it in which case I might not mind the black as most of it is going to be covered up anyway.

Last edited:

xgman

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I hated the back, but yes a case will cover it anyway. I wanted the white, but the front is nicer than I had imagined in all black because the way the screen is it blends well and there is very little bezel in any case. I'll get used to the front logo, but it would have been perfect without it. I was drooling over the carbon fiber droid backs and imagining how they would look on the G2.

Goingcarcrazy

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Is Verizon definitely coming out with a white g2

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AC Forums mobile app

I was told by a VZW rep (online chat) that they ARE going to have a white one, they just don't know when it will be out. That being said I know plenty of reps that didn't even know the black one was coming out or that this phone existed at all, so white could be next week or it could be something to renew interest in the phone in a few months.

Kris Nelson

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I was told by a VZW rep (online chat) that they ARE going to have a white one, they just don't know when it will be out. That being said I know plenty of reps that didn't even know the black one was coming out or that this phone existed at all, so white could be next week or it could be something to renew interest in the phone in a few months.

Too funny... I was told yesterday by a rep that was actually very knowledgeable about the G2 and was very angry that Verizon was not getting the white anytime in the near future.. Apparently they are not so secure how the phone will do... If it becomes popular they will order them in white.... So, I got the black one :)

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Too funny... I was told yesterday by a rep that was actually very knowledgeable about the G2 and was very angry that Verizon was not getting the white anytime in the near future.. Apparently they are not so secure how the phone will do... If it becomes popular they will order them in white.... So, I got the black one :)

Well, they aren't likely to sell that many of them if the staff doesn't know anything about them, pushes everyone into a Droid and there is no advertising. I went in and specifically asked for this phone on launch day and she said "Have you looked at the Droid Ultra?" WTF? I'm here knowing the day the phone is coming out, asking for it before you even have it out on the floor, am teaching you about all its features and you are going to try and push me into a different phone that you think maybe I haven't thought of?