Disable screen on for sms?

justlaxin13

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Hey, is there any way to disable the screen auto turning on when an sms comes in? With the notification light it's totally unnecessary for me and with the number of texts I get some days could be hitting the battery too. Any thoughts?

Posted via Android Central App

04redgto

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Hey, is there any way to disable the screen auto turning on when an sms comes in? With the notification light it's totally unnecessary for me and with the number of texts I get some days could be hitting the battery too. Any thoughts?

Yup..... use GoSMS.....

justlaxin13

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
I went through the sms app options, no luck. One would think it would be under the notification options but it's not

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site

Open up messaging. Then, Settings --> Notification --> New message pop-up. Uncheck it.

I'm using the Verizon model.

justlaxin13

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Ahhh, I thought that would disable the cool little overlap pop-up for an sms that happens when you're in another app and get an sms.

justlaxin13

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Ok so when my phone is sitting there with the screen off and I get an sms, the screen turns on. This is different from the pop up in the top left corner that happens when you get an sms while in another app.

It's the first of those two things I want to disable.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Ok so when my phone is sitting there with the screen off and I get an sms, the screen turns on. This is different from the pop up in the top left corner that happens when you get an sms while in another app.

It's the first of those two things I want to disable.

I don't see that option on my Verizon version, but I wish I had the option to turn that off/on without using a third party SMS app.

Anyone else with a non-verizon version able to help?

I think this forum needs to be split up based on carrier; too many hardware/software differences between carrier versions. Thanks Verizon :(

MrBungle999

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I have at&t and my screen doesn't turn on for a text.

Wait. I'm having a brain fart. I don't think it does?? Somebody text me to see

Sent from my LG-D800 using AC Forums mobile app

qO_ol

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I have at&t and my screen doesn't turn on for a text.

Wait. I'm having a brain fart. I don't think it does?? Somebody text me to see

Sent from my LG-D800 using AC Forums mobile app

I have at&t also, and no the screen doesn't turn on for any messaging notification.
I'm glad it doesn't, cause that would be wasteful.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't like the pop up that comes up when in other apps. I disabled it, I like the default android notification in the status bar.

Bloodthirsty

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to keep it from saying who the text is from in the notification bar? Yes I have the pop up set to off along with the text not showing. All I want is the notification.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I just picked up a Verizon g2. My screen doesn't turn on when I get a text. I do have the pop up when in another app, but I like that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastair