LG G2: How do you turn off qslide?

Xtremeyouth1

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Re: How do you turn off qslide?

Can it be turned off in the notification section? If I could get rid of that, the volume and the brightness sliders and I would be golden.

Posted via Android Central App

Xtremeyouth1

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site

The closer we can get to a stock look the better but especially in the notification tray since we are there so often.

04redgto

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site

In ur toggles click qslide, then u can go and edit toggles, and remove the qslide toggle...

JTNiggle

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site

In ur toggles click qslide, then u can go and edit toggles, and remove the qslide toggle...

Thanks for that, I was a little confused about what you were saying at first, so I;m gonna go into a bit more detail here.

To remove qslide from your notification tray...
First, pull down the notification tray, then in the quick setting at the top, scroll to the right and look for qslide. If you have it, toggle it and qslide will go away. If you don't have it in quick settings already, select edit and add it in. Then go back and toggle it, then return to settings and remove the qslide toggle. Qslide will be gone like it should be and we will have world peace!

I would kill to get the brightness slider in there though, I'm missing my rooted DNA with Viper quick settings

2013-09-12 21.57.03.jpg

Last edited:

Bloodthirsty

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

Thanks for that, I was a little confused about what you were saying at first, so I;m gonna go into a bit more detail here.

To remove qslide from your notification tray...
First, pull down the notification tray, then in the quick setting at the top, scroll to the right and look for qslide. If you have it, toggle it and qslide will go away. If you don't have it in quick settings already, select edit and add it in. Then go back and toggle it, then return to settings and remove the qslide toggle. Qslide will be gone like it should be and we will have world peace!

I would kill to get the brightness slider in there though, I'm missing my rooted DNA with Viper quick settings

View attachment 81128

Works! Thanks!

Anev

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

JTNiggle, how did you manage to get the brightness and sound sliders off of your notification area? I've tried everything to turn them off and they just want go away?

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

JTNiggle, how did you manage to get the brightness and sound sliders off of your notification area? I've tried everything to turn them off and they just want go away?

Verizon removed them from the notification window on their variant. To remove them from the AT&T or T-Mobile versions, you would need root and push a modified LGSystemUI.apk file over to the phone which is available over on the XDA forums.

Anev

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

Thanks JayWill, I will go and find that - I'm on T-Mobile so hopefully that will solve the problem. :)

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

I was really in love with this phone, just got it on Friday. Except then I couldn't get that CRUD out of the way, and it was seriously driving me batty. All better now! I'd rather do without the toggle bar as well, but I can deal with it.

Any chance anyone knows how to make the permanent GPS icon disappear from the status bar when GPS is off? (Or always, whatever.)

Jeannie

lakaw

May 5, 2011
Visit site

If you guys are willing to root, Install G2 Xposed (along with the proper Xposed framework) and you'll have better control of your status/nav bars.

The dev allows you to:
  • Add menu overflow to all apps
  • Customize your long press volume key functions
  • Change your Status/Nav bar colors
  • Make your Status/Nav bars transparent
  • Center clock (or hide), hide am/pm
  • Hide battery icon
  • Hide carrier label

Hide the following icons:
  • Data when on wifi
  • NFC
  • GPS
  • Headset
  • Alarm
  • bluetooth
  • Volume

You can also:
  • Remove your Volume/Brightness sliders in various combos
  • Change the Nav bar height
  • Customize your Nav buttons (including 4 button layout)
  • Modify glow color
  • Modify button color
  • Disable Nav bar completely

To enable all options you must purchase the premium version for $.99, but it's well worth it. The dev is constantly putting out betas for added features.

chudilo

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for this. You can then Go back and remove the Qslide toggle from the Quick Settings . Awesome.

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site

For tmob just drag down the notification bar and turn it off there

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

titirez

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site

Unfortunately, I don't have the QSlide toggle in my quick settings.. Do you know where else can it be found? This are the options available Screenshot_2014-09-16-20-30-37.png

peterthorne

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site

I've dumped this, but a day later a little qslide icon has appeared on my dial screen, offering me to the option to click on it and bring up a miniature dialpad. Why did it appear, and how do I get rid of this icon??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital