Mail issue with new G2

WilburNJ

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Hi folks,

I'm (obviously) new to the G2, but also new to LG generally. My previous phone was a Samsung G3.

Quick question that i hope someone can answer and provide a fix for: The native mail app (when configured to use with my office outlook server) only loads headers, so every time I open an email, I have to click "Load full message" at the bottom. When I go into settings under "Message size limit", I'm only given the option for "Headers only" -- which explain why I need to download each email. My previous phone allowed me to put size limits (as well as "Headers only").

If there's no fix to this, the email app is useless to me.

So my ask for help are:

1) does anyone else have this problem and/or know how to allow for more than just the header to be downloaded?

2) any other outlook mail apps I should consider that actually works? I use K-9 for my personal emails and, although it says it's supposed to work with outlook, it doesn't.

Otherwise, I'm very much enjoying this phone. Got the peek-a-boo cover and I like that I can control music through that little window. Pretty awesome device!!

Thanks much,

Will

bova80

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
mine works with my work exchange email. when I go into message size limit I have all kinds of options and mine says ALL

WilburNJ

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Bova,

Thanks for the quick response. I wonder what's going on. I can't imagine anything was changed by the IT guys at my office regarding Exchange server settings, so somehow my G2 isn't speaking to the exchange correctly....

mine works with my work exchange email. when I go into message size limit I have all kinds of options and mine says ALL

mwgage

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I have a user with this issue too, headers is the only option. Have you found a solution yet? I have a couple of other guys in our company with this phone so i will look and see what their options are too. Very annoying to have to hit load everytime you open an email.

Klotar

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
A couple things to check/try:

Try increasing the Message Size Limit to All Including Attachments if it isn't already;

I have read that overriding the Exchange Settings by doing a manual setup will do the trick. That is, delete the account and set it up again but instead of telling the wizard you are on Exchange, do a Manual Setup and setting it up as IMAP. This may or may not be acceptable depending on your needs but if getting the full email is the primary goal, this should work. Possible cons are calendar and contacts, but depends on your IT policies and settings (i.e. some users don't get calendar appts and contacts sync'd with work Exchange servers).

Dan Bondra

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
I know this is an OLD post, but has anyone came up with a resolution to this problem? I have a user with the same setup -

-Airwatch MDM
-LG G2
-Using Airwatch to deploy corporate exchange policy.

The G2 is the only device with this problem. It only allows ''Headers Only" for mail. I have factory reset the phone and used the standard exchange setup WHICH WORKS FINE and allows the proper email display. But, we are disabling that email method in favor of an Airwatch-managed method this week.

Any ideas? Is this an Airwatch problem or LG problem? I have yet to find any related setting in the Airwatch Admin Console.

THANK YOU!!!!

knexkid

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I am in the exact same boat. We use airwatch MDM too and one of my users just got the LG Optimus G Pro. Only option is "headers only". I can't find anything useful and we can't add the email account any other way as suggested.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11