Thinking of using a car wax on the back of the phone, obviously skipping camera, flash and buttons. I think that might make it less smudgy and then I might carry naked.
    09-14-2013 01:05 PM
    Will that make the phone more slippery?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AC Forums mobile app
    09-14-2013 01:28 PM
    Thinking of using a car wax on the back of the phone, obviously skipping camera, flash and buttons. I think that might make it less smudgy and then I might carry naked.
    I just think the back cover begs for a cover. Or you have to learn to accept it. I'm not a fan of cases but I bought one. Haven't applied it yet. I'm giving myself more time to hopefully get used to the texture.
    09-14-2013 01:34 PM
    Try a skin. I had a carbon fiber looking skin / sticker on my LG Optimus G and it worked great. I plan on getting 1 for my G2.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4
    09-14-2013 09:48 PM
    Try a skin. I had a carbon fiber looking skin / sticker on my LG Optimus G and it worked great. I plan on getting 1 for my G2.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4
    The back cover is gonna need something. I already see scratches on the cover. It's a very soft plastic. Without a cover the back of this thing is gonna be scratched up and unsightly, not even taking the smudges into account.
    09-15-2013 01:16 PM
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00E5N...cUvbUpU3069753

This seems like a decent low profile option. I ordered one as a temporary solution until other cases are available, but some people may find it to be a good permanent solution to protect the back from scratches and fingerprints.

Sent from my LG G2 via Tapatalk
    09-15-2013 01:33 PM
    Try the Extreme Guard skin on the back. It Provides more grip with no bulk.

Posted via Android Central App
    jsntrenkler likes this.
    09-18-2013 11:18 PM
    You guys must have lots of Vaseline residue on your hands. The back is not that slippery and it really doesn't smudge that bad either.
    I also keep it in my back pocket most of the time and it kinda keeps it clean back there.

Sent from my LG-D800 using AC Forums mobile app
    09-18-2013 11:39 PM
    Sorry to disagree with MrBungle, but this is the slipperiest phone I have ever held. Since mine is on Verizon, I am jonesing for a thin case as soon as I can find one that fits!
    09-19-2013 10:30 AM
    You guys must have lots of Vaseline residue on your hands. The back is not that slippery and it really doesn't smudge that bad either.
    I also keep it in my back pocket most of the time and it kinda keeps it clean back there.

Sent from my LG-D800 using AC Forums mobile app
    Yowser! Aren't you worried you'll forget it's there one day and break it while sitting down?
    09-19-2013 10:43 AM
    Is there any "cover" for the back which is basically just a huge sticker which would give you better grip and provide scratch protection too?
    09-19-2013 11:33 AM
    Is there any "cover" for the back which is basically just a huge sticker which would give you better grip and provide scratch protection too?

For the Verizon: (they also come in different colors)

XGear Exoskin Graphite Protective Vinyl Skin for LG Optimus G2 Verizon | eBay

I wouldn't mind this but those fold gaps on the edges of the phone kill it for me. Reminds me of a home made book cover when I was in school.
    09-19-2013 11:34 AM
    I would go for that, but I'm not crazy about that patterning. But I definitely like the concept of a skin better than the case since it adds virtually no bulk.
    09-19-2013 11:44 AM
    Thanks for the link! Looks like they also have the same one with difference finishes:

EDIT: looks like i can't post a url. Just search ebay for "lg g2 xgear" (without the quotes)

Not totally crazy about the way the skin wraps round to the front though.
    09-19-2013 11:55 AM
    I would go for that, but I'm not crazy about that patterning. But I definitely like the concept of a skin better than the case since it adds virtually no bulk.
    When you do a search for LG G2 cases, most of the case that come up are so big and FPS video gamish looking that you can't tell what sort of phone is under there. Are these people taking their phones into battle or something? I just find it ridiculous looking.
    Ken7 likes this.
    09-19-2013 11:58 AM
    Just ordered the XGear Skin in aluminum. I liked that it had no pattern. Hope it works since I really don't want to use a case and have no love for the Verizon jelly case I'm now using (even with the plastic shipping piece still on the back of the phone itself).
    09-19-2013 03:48 PM
    I used one of those skins with the carbon fiber look on my GNex and it made it even slippier. I find the G2 not to be as slippery as the Gnex anyway, yes it holds fingerprints like crazy and I do already have a scratch but the slick surface does stick to my skin just a little.
    09-19-2013 05:27 PM