I have heard that AT&T hides their messaging app in plain sight by calling it messages, I was wondering if there were other native messaging apps on the phone out of the box?
    09-16-2013 06:28 PM
    The AT&T messages app is a combined inbox of sorts. It collects your call history, texts and voicemails and puts them into one inbox. The stock LG text messaging app works well and there are many good third party apps to choose from as well. I use the stock LG texting app and AT&T visual voicemail for handling of my voicemail, it works much like visual voicemail on an iPhone. Google voice is another alternative for handling voice,ail that works quite nicely.
    mayconvert likes this.
    09-16-2013 06:46 PM
    Thank you much for confirming AT&T didn't remove the native LG messaging app. It was my favorite on the G Pro when I had it. I ran the Pro the same way. LG text app, AT&T VVM app and also have Google voice, another nice option.
    09-16-2013 06:55 PM
    So do either the lg or att messaging apps do group messaging? Hearing from others that stock att app doesn't.
    09-16-2013 07:17 PM
    The stock LG text app allows you to send a text to multiple recipients. Those contacts that receive it get it as an individual message and replies come back as separate individual texts. I have tested this by sending to my wife's iPhone, my daughter's Htc One and my son's Galaxy S4. They each received my text as an individual text message and their replies came back to me separately not in a group thread. I have looked through all the settings and have found no setting to allow group messaging. The Verizon version does have that setting though, go figure. Although, the AT&T version has the stock LG WebKit browser and has the capture plus feature while the Verizon version does not, again, go figure. I don't understand why there are software differences between the LG software among the carriers but there are as we'll as some hardware differences. The AT&T version has the large volume buttons and a third mic near the camera lens, while the Tmobile has no third mic. The Verizon version has small volume buttons and no third mic. Lots of variants...
    09-16-2013 07:31 PM
    So, me never having android.....do you just download something like textra and you will have group messaging then? This seems like a real dingus move on someone's part.
    09-16-2013 07:53 PM
    Yes exactly, that's the wonderful thing about android. If you don't like something about your phone or want to change something - you just get an app, launcher or custom rom. There are plenty of options. In regards to text messaging there are many different apps available, each with their own features and capabilities. One popular one mentioned in another thread is Textra. It does group messaging.
    oldschoolsig likes this.
    09-17-2013 03:48 AM