Does LG Marketing not exist for this awesome phone?

kkel19

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Its kinda sad to see such an awesome phone go unnoticed...and to see people say ATT and VZW reps have even no clue that they carry it. What gives?:p

pnizzle20

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Agree 100 % and this really may be the reason I take the phone back. my concern is that it's not going to get any support at all and that will show through poor software updates. I am seriously considering taking the phone back and waiting for the note 3. I realize it's a brand new phone but not being able to find a case is concerning.

Posted via Android Central App

krague17

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm a little worried about that too. But this phone is just too perfect for me. I wanted a phone with great batter life, bright LCD screen, great camera, and pocketable (No phablets) . I was just considering the S4 or HTC One at first. Heard about this phone and once I saw it in the store I just couldn't resist. To me this is the best android phone out right now. All the others have some kind of shortcoming. I do hope they get to 4.3 pretty fast though. I want to take advantage of the new notification options. I also wish this phone had wireless charging. I don't understand why they only included it in the Verizon version. Other than that this phone has everything I need. With the right marketing this phone could dominate.

bmandrews7

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm a little worried about that too. But this phone is just too perfect for me. I wanted a phone with great batter life, bright LCD screen, great camera, and pocketable (No phablets) . I was just considering the S4 or HTC One at first. Heard about this phone and once I saw it in the store I just couldn't resist. To me this is the best android phone out right now. All the others have some kind of shortcoming. I do hope they get to 4.3 pretty fast though. I want to take advantage of the new notification options. I also wish this phone had wireless charging. I don't understand why they only included it in the Verizon version. Other than that this phone has everything I need. With the right marketing this phone could dominate.

I feel exactly the same. I'm going to keep it and ride it out though. Hope it gets better because I feel this phone at minimum is on par with the S4 and htc one if not better. And it would be a real shame for this phone to die out due to poor support.

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Agree 100 % and this really may be the reason I take the phone back. my concern is that it's not going to get any support at all and that will show through poor software updates. I am seriously considering taking the phone back and waiting for the note 3. I realize it's a brand new phone but not being able to find a case is concerning.

SPIGEN SGP G2 Case Slim Armor | SPIGEN SGP

cloudyview

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
It just clicked for me why Verizon isn't pushing it harder... It directly competes with, and destroys, the Droid Maxx.

Bigger, better screen, better processor, better battery life (see Engadget Maxx review), better camera, same physical size, same memory size, same wireless charging, all for $100 less.

CellGuy

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site

So your going to take the phone back because of no advertising? People never seem too amaze me.

By the way I just saw a commercial.

pnizzle20

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
I am going to take the phone back because the lack of carrier knowledge and support I fear is going to be reflected in the support of the device in the long run. For example software updates. I think this phone as great as it is will fall to the wayside.

Triforce302

May 8, 2013
Visit site
That's strange that you don't see any advertisement. We got 3 boxes full of advertisement stuff for the g2 at verizon. Also 2 of us already bought the phone, including myself. We are loving everything about this phone!

krague17

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I really think this phone is going to take off and really compete with HTC and Samsung. I've never been a fan of LG but when I saw this phone it changed my mind. It's all going to depend on the carrier stores and how they push it. When I went to get mine at AT&T it was all the way in the back with the original Galaxy Note and BlackBerry. I think if people get to see it as an option without the sales people steering them towards the S4 and HTC One it will win them over.

I have seen the G2 get a lot of good reviews on the tech websites. I just saw this one this morning talking about how it overtakes the S4 in a lot of areas. It the end it comes out a tie because they compare the pricing of the international versions. But on AT&T you only get 16 GBs on the S4 vs 32 GBs on the G2 for the same on contract price.

Samsung Galaxy S4 vs. LG G2: Neighbor squabble - GSMArena.com

Last edited:

Ken7

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I am going to take the phone back because the lack of carrier knowledge and support I fear is going to be reflected in the support of the device in the long run. For example software updates. I think this phone as great as it is will fall to the wayside.

So here's my take on this. You buy a phone (or any product) for how it functions NOW. Not what they promise and might or might not deliver. I remember well that software updates were promised for many phones and they either never came or came literally a year late.

If the phone works great now, then anything beyond that is gravy. If the phone has flaws now that don't work for you, then you should return it. But to return a phone that's working great today because you may or may not get some future update that will do something we don't even know of today? I don't see it.

Worse than that, to return a phone due to lack of carrier knowledge? Say what? These guys know nothing about almost anything they sell! Who cares what they say? You educate yourself. There are tons of information about any of these devices. I'd hate to rely on carrier people for that information.

Nreeldeep

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I've seen advertising on some Web pages. If you search YouTube you'll find numerous TV style ads. Not sure why LG hasn't released any to the networks yet. They might have a schedule.
At any rate, It would be nice to see your current device hyped on primetime. But it's not a big deal to me. My only real wish is that G2 gets 4.3.
I got the device and it checks8 off more boxes than any device I've ever owned. For me it need not be popular to the masses. I just need it to meet my mobile needs for the period of time that I'll have it.
So yeah I'd like to see that ad on TV during my Sons of Anarchy so I can say "Hey, there's my phone!" But I won't lose any sleep either way.

buenos

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

lots of cases:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-g2/315060-cases-g2-all-carriers-listed-w-links-pics.html

Some nice ones coming soon:

LG G2 Cases (All Carriers) - LG Smartphone Cases - Smartphone Cases - Devices

Last edited:

darkestred

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
So here's my take on this. You buy a phone (or any product) for how it functions NOW. Not what they promise and might or might not deliver. I remember well that software updates were promised for many phones and they either never came or came literally a year late.

If the phone works great now, then anything beyond that is gravy. If the phone has flaws now that don't work for you, then you should return it. But to return a phone that's working great today because you may or may not get some future update that will do something we don't even know of today? I don't see it.

Worse than that, to return a phone due to lack of carrier knowledge? Say what? These guys know nothing about almost anything they sell! Who cares what they say? You educate yourself. There are tons of information about any of these devices. I'd hate to rely on carrier people for that information.

Well said. People never seize to amaze me. Everyone in this day and age is worried about others and what they think. I love the phone. If it never got one update i'd be ok with that. I rocked Windows xp for 10 years. If it aint broke (for the most part) don't fix it.

As you said Ken, everything else is gravy. I do like gravy, though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz