(AT&T) Carrier IQ active

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Look what I found roaming around kernel wake locks on bettery battery stats. Posted on xda, apparently not on the Verizon G2 just att.

utyby2u2.jpg

6aje2a8u.jpg

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk 4

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 4

bova80

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Im back and forth about returning it, wonderful device hampered by BS like this. and from what Im seeing, no group mms on the AT&T version as well.

well I'm not about to return it over that. I like the phone, plus there are other apps that can do group mms and who knows, maybe an update will come out and address that issue.

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Im back and forth about returning it, wonderful device hampered by BS like this. and from what Im seeing, no group mms on the AT&T version as well.

textra for group mms. The carrier iq really puts a damper on my enthusiasm though.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
no way i'll return it. still a little ticked over it though.

Same thoughts here. I'm a bit ticked off at AT&T about it, but not enough to overlook how great this device is. My main beef with the integration of Carrier IQ is not being given the option to opt out. I like choice when it comes to things like this.

Sent from my LG G2 via Tapatalk

bova80

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
disable by going into settings > general > apps > running > android system. then you'll see IQ service. if you stop this it will be stopped, but will start again if you reboot.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I just went back and looked — and did AT&T ever say they were going to stop using Carrier IQ?

Not that I recall. In fact if I remember correctly, AT&T was the carrier that defended its use the most out of the carriers that used it. I had a Sprint SGS2 at the time, and I recall Sprint and/or Samsung backing away from the controversy pretty quickly, and even issued an update that removed CIQ from the device.

I personally have no issue with CIQ in and of itself. I just wish I had the option to opt in or out other than "choose another carrier", a carrier who is likely just using their own form of Carrier IQ heh. I thought AT&T might change their stance a bit after all the Al Franken inquiry business and give users the choice. I thought wrong obviously.

Interestingly, take a guess on what my second highest source of partial wakelocks on my phone is today. Yep, one of the Carrier IQ processes. Is it killing my battery? No, certainly not, but it does wreak havoc on my OCD. ;)

anon(153160)

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Using Nova Launcher you can start an activity under Android System called IQ Agent Settings and open it to see some settings. Logging appears to be disabled on my phone on AT&T.

bova80

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
with my device rooted I used system tuner and disabled any files associated with carrier iq from running. really helped out battery life too.

Fred98TJ

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
How do you do this ? I use Nova Prime (the paid version) and I don't see any "activity" anywhere in it's settings ?

Thanks,
Fred

Using Nova Launcher you can start an activity under Android System called IQ Agent Settings and open it to see some settings. Logging appears to be disabled on my phone on AT&T.

[url]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f157/GTRSentra/2013-09-23-22-58-13.png[/URL]

[url]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f157/GTRSentra/2013-09-23-22-58-38.png[/URL]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude