Google services munching at my battery today.

Goingcarcrazy

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I read somewhere on here that they disabled the stock weather widget/app and it went from 29% to 1% or something like that. Its in the other battery munching thread.

bova80

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
for me it wasn't the stock weather app that was doing it. it was location access "wireless & mobile network location" setting being turned on was killing it. I turned that off and my battery is tons better now. if you use google now it likes to keep track of you locations for your cards and that in turn eats a lot of battery too. but I read the longer you leave it active the less it will use it and will eventually normalize.

Bloodthirsty

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
for me it wasn't the stock weather app that was doing it. it was location access "wireless & mobile network location" setting being turned on was killing it. I turned that off and my battery is tons better now. if you use google now it likes to keep track of you locations for your cards and that in turn eats a lot of battery too. but I read the longer you leave it active the less it will use it and will eventually normalize.

Good to know. Hope it's true. Thanks.

Jdroids

May 7, 2012
Visit site
This is common issue with any android phone, not just G2. You don't need to entirely turn off location service. But you need to watch the apps using it.
Quite often the culprit is Google now and/or maps tracking your location. Go into location setting under Google now or map and turn off location report, history if they are on. This will prevent google now/map from using location too much. You may still leave the location service on under main setting as it's needed for other apps like weather, news, etc.