Transparent Statusbar

JJones1210

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone figured out how to change the transparency of the status bar? I have seen several pictures, and I believe even the display model at the VZW Store, with a transparent status bar. I've been playing around for a couple of days with no luck.

bmandrews7

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes you can change the "home, back, menu" bar to transparent (only works while you are on the home screen) if that is what you are asking about. It is under touch buttons in the settings.

dhughes

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I think he/she is reffering to the bar at the top with the time etc... I am not sure.

Posted via Android Central App

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone figured out how to change the transparency of the status bar? I have seen several pictures, and I believe even the display model at the VZW Store, with a transparent status bar. I've been playing around for a couple of days with no luck.

The pictures you have seen may have been for the international version. I'm pretty sure that all of the us versions have an opaque status bar only at the moment.

But no there is no way to change it without being rooted.

However that being said, you could give "status bar +" a try on the play store.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

JJones1210

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The pictures you have seen may have been for the international version. I'm pretty sure that all of the us versions have an opaque status bar only at the moment.

But no there is no way to change it without being rooted.

However that being said, you could give "status bar +" a try on the play store.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I'm starting to think that you're right. I'll be rooting soon anyway, just want to wait until my 14 day return period was up. Thanks

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 4

KayIslandDrunk

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Mine is but only with stock wallpapers, when i made my own and used it the transparency goes away, weird.

I noticed the same thing.

At least even with non-stock it's a little transparent though. I guess I'll wait until AOKP gets their hands on this guy.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar