Weather widget on the lockscreen

bova80

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
i like the subtle animations you get when waking to lock screen that kind of portrays the weather. ie it was raining the other day and my lock screen appeared to have water droplets all over it.

Ken7

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I've never been able to figure out how to get it there. I tried checking 'weather animations', but I don't see the widget itself.

Ken7

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks bova. I added it, but then decided I didn't like the blue on my lock screen. I've got a night scene on my lock screen and the blue weather widget doesn't quite work.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
you have to swipe to the right on the clock on the lock screen and add a widget.

I had no idea you could do that. I personally prefer the simplicity of the digital clock, but it's still a cool feature nonetheless. I should probably read the manual one of these days. Although now that I think about it, it makes sense. I had already noticed that when you have an App running, it will place the widget for that App on the lockscreen (replacing your default widget) the next time you unlock. I've noticed it so far with the stock music player, Pandora and Gmail.

techmom_nm

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
I understand how to add the weather widget, but can't get the animations to work. I've gone into lockscreen settings and checked the weather animations box, but still no animations...Any suggestions?

lgg2

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
I see the animations but I thought I could not add widgets directly to the main lock screen? How do I do that? I don't want to swipe right to see my lock screen widgets.

TrekkieMonster

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I see the animations but I thought I could not add widgets directly to the main lock screen? How do I do that? I don't want to swipe right to see my lock screen widgets.

That's actually a good question: I accomplished this by first adding the weather widget to a new screen to the left of the lock screen, and then I moved it to the lock screen, just like you can move any other app or widget: hold your finger on the widget until is shrinks and then drag it to your lock screen. Worked like a charm for me. Good luck.

TheSkipperCDB

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I had already noticed that when you have an App running, it will place the widget for that App on the lockscreen (replacing your default widget) the next time you unlock. I've noticed it so far with the stock music player, Pandora and Gmail.

I like that too, and have also noticed it with Slacker and Tune In Radio. But i haven't noticed a widget added for Gmail...I'm curious what that widget is and how to get it?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon