What's up with the mediocre reviews for the G2?

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
The display is only 4.3, the phone is 5.15?
There have been 3 different Motorola DROID MAXX's:
Original Droid Razr Maxx = 4.3 in / 3300 mAh battery
Droid Razr Maxx HD = 4.7 in / 3300 mAh battery
Droid Maxx = 5.0 in / 3500 mAh battery
I assumed the comparison was being made to the current Droid Maxx phone.

kollarism

May 13, 2012
Visit site
There have been 3 different Motorola DROID MAXX's:
Original Droid Razr Maxx = 4.3 in / 3300 mAh battery
Droid Razr Maxx HD = 4.7 in / 3300 mAh battery
Droid Maxx = 5.0 in / 3500 mAh battery
I assumed the comparison was being made to the current Droid Maxx phone.

It was, my mistake. Either way like you mentioned, it's a bigger screen and higher resolution.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Please prove this to be true about the Gizmodo review.

I am entitled to my opinion without having to "prove" anything to you. When one review is so completely off from all the others, it's suspect. And i'm not "****-hurt" over the review, because I don't even own the G2 or plan to get one. But if Gizmodo is allowed to publish a crap review, then I am allowed to express my opinion about it. Like you said to another post, there's a lot of comments about it. If you don't like mine, form your own opinion based off the others and your own experience.

Jodiuh

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
The Samsung screens are pathetic. And they call iPhone users sheep... :eek:
Yes, the pure black of an AMOLED is pathetic. Come on man. I had the G2 for over a week and though it was sharper for text, the whole screen was "shimmery" and text appeared to be floating compared to the Note 2. If I had to choose, I would go w/ the G2, but Samsung's AMOLEDs do black right. Everything looks FLAT and book like. That said, I appreciated how much lower the G2 would get w/ regard to brightness.

There isn't really any other way to explain why his review was so divergent from the rest. The only options are a) He has a bias against LG or b) There was another motivating factor (like Samsung ad sales for example). Gizmodo and Gawker have no integrity, and they haven't for a while, and reviews like theirs show it.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk 2
Ars wasn't very kind w/ it either. And pocket lint called it hot to the touch.

I agree w/ WickedRabbit. It's a good effort, but they failed on so many fronts. Personally, for me...

1. I would have liked to see it not have the brightness bug, camcorder bug, or font bug.
2. LG's skin can go to hell.
3. Onscreen buttons can go to hell.
4. Slippery, greasy, nasty back and plastic casing can go to hell.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Yes, the pure black of an AMOLED is pathetic. Come on man. I had the G2 for over a week and though it was sharper for text, the whole screen was "shimmery" and text appeared to be floating compared to the Note 2. If I had to choose, I would go w/ the G2, but Samsung's AMOLEDs do black right. Everything looks FLAT and book like. That said, I appreciated how much lower the G2 would get w/ regard to brightness.

Ars wasn't very kind w/ it either. And pocket lint called it hot to the touch.

I agree w/ WickedRabbit. It's a good effort, but they failed on so many fronts. Personally, for me...

1. I would have liked to see it not have the brightness bug, camcorder bug, or font bug.
2. LG's skin can go to hell.
3. Onscreen buttons can go to hell.
4. Slippery, greasy, nasty back and plastic casing can go to hell.

Everything you mentioned is your personal preference. I, and many others, have not had any of the bugs in number 1.

Jodiuh

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
A greasy, slimy back is personal preference? Who would want that, lol!?!?

A cluttered, unnecessary skin? Really? Preference?

I had 3 G2's and tested 2 store models. They ALL had the brightness and camcorder bugs. There have been confirmed reports here an XDA on both.

Admittedly, I notice EVERYTHING. Glad you don't. Enjoy your phone. I'll wait for one w/ less bugs, less skin, and a matte back.

MrBungle999

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Unless one has been eating fried chicken or the likes (or has notable acne they've been molesting) the back prolly isn't REALLY greasy and slimy.

from my Sony XTZ

I just stuck the phone down my pants. It's amazing at repelling pubic hair.

Sent from my LG-D800 using AC Forums mobile app

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

I had 3 G2's and tested 2 store models. They ALL had the brightness and camcorder bugs. There have been confirmed reports here an XDA on both.

Admittedly, I notice EVERYTHING. Glad you don't. Enjoy your phone. I'll wait for one w/ less bugs, less skin, and a matte back.

Yes, preference. Not a single thing you mention besides the bugs (which, again, not everyone has) is your personal preference. Period.

Jodiuh

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
So you prefer a super slippery glossy back to a nice soft touch matte? And you prefer the OS to be cluttered? You...PREFER...this.

And yes, everyone has those bugs. Some people are just oblivious to them.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

kollarism

May 13, 2012
Visit site
So you prefer a super slippery glossy back to a nice soft touch matte? And you prefer the OS to be cluttered? You...PREFER...this.

I put a case on my phone, the os isn't a problem for me, and I've had no bugs.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Where can I can I find these bugs? How do I replicate it. If my phone has bugs could this b why my pubs are itching? Every thing you mentioned I can't find even the that nasty back you call it. I've been flashing phones since the G1 even before AC got big. I can honestly say besides rooting it, I have no need to flash a ROM. This phone has tons of customization to it. As for the on screen keys another plus I could never go back to the other keys. Led vs amoled , after having a amoled screen I can say it sucks. My screen kicks azz no more blotchy blacks every thing is so crisp and being outside I can actually use my phone the screen brightness adjust properly.

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk

Ken7

May 25, 2011
Visit site

I'm not sure what the motivation is to come back to this thread when you've decided to return the G2. We understand it didn't work for you, but to continually post why you disliked it gets old after awhile.

As for the 'slimy' back, get over it, it's plastic and no more 'slimy' than any other glossy back. Like others, I haven't noticed these 'bugs' and don't subscribe to the idea we all have them but are not 'observant' enough to see them.

doggy2965

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
All phones have bugs I've had Maxx and g2 both have their quirks but no more than the HTC one and certainly no more than the galaxy or the note. As far as the g2 with this many options and people loading so many apps on them issues will happen hopefully lg will correct as many as possible with the first update they push. With the power and options this phone has with some manufacturer support it could be the best phone of the year.

Posted via Android Central App

xgman

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site

Only a robot designer could come up with an idea for a shinny back or shinny keyboard or mouse etc. It's just a stupid trend in design that will probably and hopefully go away soon. How anyone could like the look and feel of this is beyond me. The problem is that they didn't give much thought past the packaging. So many nicer material options. Apple suffers from this same idiocy although they have gotten better.

Jodiuh

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure what the motivation is to come back to this thread when you've decided to return the G2. We understand it didn't work for you, but to continually post why you disliked it gets old after awhile.

As for the 'slimy' back, get over it, it's plastic and no more 'slimy' than any other glossy back. Like others, I haven't noticed these 'bugs' and don't subscribe to the idea we all have them but are not 'observant' enough to see them.

So is continually defending the bugs which you're not observant enough to see or the lame back which was mentioned in every review.

I'm not sure what the motivation is to attack me either, but whatever makes you feel better Ken. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance