Anyone get the IR blaster to work?

schmecnk

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I can't get mine to work on my TV. Tried to use the method of selecting the brand and then pushing the buttons until they work and then tried the custom way and still doesn't work. And it's an LG TV!!!

sbudaj

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Mine works fine with both my Comcast DVR and Samsung TV. Try getting a little closer. The IR blaster may not be that powerful.

cyberr8der

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Mines worked on everything so far. You have to point it directly at the device. I kinda wish it pointed down a bit so you could still look at the screen while using it.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 4

Jay784

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Works on my Tivo HD, LG lcd tv, LG blu-ray player and Pioneer receiver. I'm about 9 feet away from the entertainment unit, although the phone has to be directly pointed at the intended device

patrick1229

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Mine works on my Panasonic plasma, directv box, and marantz receiver. Has to be pointed right at the receiver, but I love this app when can't find the remotes!

GPilot650

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
President of our company was presenting/announcing some biz stuff to a large group the other night. 10 min before the presentation, with 100 peeps in the audience, the remote for the projector is lost.

Inside of 2 min I had my phone working with quick remote.
Handed him my phone and he was just amazed. He's an iPhone guy, and always busts my chops about being an Android guy. Not anymore.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 4

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I can't get mine to work on my TV. Tried to use the method of selecting the brand and then pushing the buttons until they work and then tried the custom way and still doesn't work. And it's an LG TV!!!

You might be too far away.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk 2

lakerkev

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Works great for me! I was even able to hijack a friend's iphone/iPod boom box dock while he was bragging about his iphone! Kept muting it while he was getting passed that it wasn't working...

Posted via Android Central App

gummyjelly

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Mine works fine however the galaxy s4 ir blaster is so much better. You don't need to point directly at it like the lg one and it can go much further. I was looking for another app to use the ir blaster with? Maybe a different app will help? I hope a update fixes this soon. I might just need to get use to it, I was just spoiled with the samsung one :-( and no widget for it either.

osirhc

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
It works great for me, I have it configured for every device in my house. Set it up with four TV's (Insignia, Panasonic, Sylvania and Samsung), Sony Blu-Ray player (really old school too, one of the originals), Comcast Cable box. I even set up a custom remote for my MacBook Pro but only play/pause and volume controls worked...have yet to go back and reprogram it to see if everything will work.

I set up a custom remote for my Insignia TV with only the buttons I use and it works great.

If the custom presets for each TV don't work then try learning it from the original controller you have - I have found that it works very well this way. Just set the controller a few inches away from the phone and line up the IR ports. After you create the controller layout with the buttons you want, it will prompt you to hold down the corresponding buttons on the original controller and the app will read the IR signal and store it.

This is by far one of my favorite features of this phone. Besides of course the 2.26 GHz quad core processor and 2GB of RAM. I ALMOST went with the S4 and then I noticed the IR app on the G2 as well and there was just no looking back. I love the looks I get when I control my TV with my phone lol.

Mike Gonzales

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
The TV control worked for me after the initial set up that took all of 2 minutes. Check your distance and where you're pointing your phone. This is like a step back to the 90's remotes where you have to be poiting it right at the the cable box and mine gets intermitent when I get passed about 15 to 20 feet. But from my couch, it works great with good aim.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc