Would you switch to Note3 in 10 days if you had the option?

shadowsjc

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: Would you switch to Note 3 in 10 days if you had the option?

Nope for me. Loving this phone way too much plus the size of the note is too much for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

rackumrack

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Easy for me to pick the g2 due to Samsungs inability to put a radio in their phones to make them usable.

Sent from my Big Red LG G2

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Easy for me to pick the g2 due to Samsungs inability to put a radio in their phones to make them usable.

That's an interesting perspective. I'm sure you're not the only one that feels that way.

from my Sony Xperia Tablet Z or XTZ or "Ecstasy"

rackumrack

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
That's an interesting perspective. I'm sure you're not the only one that feels that way.

from my Sony Xperia Tablet Z or XTZ or "Ecstasy"

I remember Samsung having some of the best flip phones on the market but I tried the fascinate and s3 and the service was horrible. I like Samsung's UI and overall design but a flagship device should definitely not have any radio issues.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I remember Samsung having some of the best flip phones on the market but I tried the fascinate and s3 and the service was horrible. I like Samsung's UI and overall design but a flagship device should definitely not have any radio issues.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
...and you think it was more of the device and not the carrier? I imagine you had another device on the same carrier that gave you vastly superior performance. That's not the first time I've read that Sammy's radios are sub-bar but I've never had any issue with my AT&T or Verizon Samsung devices, just great reception.

rackumrack

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
...and you think it was more of the device and not the carrier? I imagine you had another device on the same carrier that gave you vastly superior performance. That's not the first time I've read that Sammy's radios are sub-bar but I've never had any issue with my AT&T or Verizon Samsung devices, just great reception.

I was with alltel for years until Verizon bought them out and I was automatically switched to Verizon. I have just had poor performance out of Samsung, I forgot I had the gnex, but I live in Greenville, SC and we were one of the first to get 4g. Sammy just does not have a quality radio. I have given them three chances and three strikes and you are done. I would compare the g2 to Motorola as far as radios go. Either Verizon is not supporting Samsung radios as much since the droid line is Verizon's premier devices. I know most of the people I work with love their s3's and s4's but constantly complain about the service.

bgapfire

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
It is interesting to hear people's negative radio experiences with Samsung. I've never had these issues with Samsung, or any phone for that matter. I wonder if that just may be part of receiving a bad batch from manufacturing.

Posted via Android Central App

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
It is interesting to hear people's negative radio experiences with Samsung. I've never had these issues with Samsung, or any phone for that matter. I wonder if that just may be part of receiving a bad batch from manufacturing.

Agreed. I've never had any radio, lag, or any of the other problems some attribute to the S4 and Samsung. Perhaps we're one of the few lucky ones?

bwhick7492

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I was thinking the same thing today.I love my g2 but the camera can not capture a moving imagine without blur. Stationary objects and it is the best camera I have ever used but anything moving causes a blur. I have till the 2nd to decide.

Sent from my LG-D800 using AC Forums mobile app

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I was thinking the same thing today.I love my g2 but the camera can not capture a moving imagine without blur. Stationary objects and it is the best camera I have ever used but anything moving causes a blur. I have till the 2nd to decide.

Sent from my LG-D800 using AC Forums mobile app
What about when you select the Sports setting? That essentially speeds up the shutter.

jeno27

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I will think about it later. ..may be note 4 upcoming year. ..but now I am fully. Satisfied. With G2...awesome

dontlookatme

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
this was my original idea, get the g2 today and wait a few days to get a note 3. i have a droid RAZR(11-11-11) and it is super slow. over heats. ear piece is not working well. i was willing to pay the restocking fee and all but it turns out, that i can not purchase a phone at full retail price because i havent paid my bill yet. i am willing to pay the full retail, not upgrade, full 599.99 plus tax. but can not yet , because i need to pay my bill first, so i will have to pay bill, and then wait for note 3 now. cus i can wait a week.

streetkilln

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
is the note 3, 6 inches? im hearing of a 5.5 inch note 3. im so confused the reason why i got lg g2 is because i heard note 3 will be 6 inch screen and thats a big phone. way to big i find the 5.5 mark right.

dontlookatme

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
is the note 3, 6 inches? im hearing of a 5.5 inch note 3. im so confused the reason why i got lg g2 is because i heard note 3 will be 6 inch screen and thats a big phone. way to big i find the 5.5 mark right.

Note 3 is 5.7 inches. a larger size phone is available but it is the Mega. and that is bigger than the Note 3.

g2_havok

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
i had the iphone 3gs for almost 4 years before i bought the g2 2 weeks ago.

i'm hoping the g2 will also last me as long, what with its beefy hardware and all. the screen size, overall phone size, and just about everything else is just right for my needs. my sister has the note II but that thing is too big for me. i almost got the moto x until i held it my hands in the store - it felt really really cheap imho. fell in love with the g2 right off the bat. it was so new, the store only had a display model. had to wait a week to get it and it was well worth the wait.

oh, i don't know what you people do that keeps the phone "on" all the time but with my usage (which is basically the same functions i used when i had the iphone 3gs), i went 55 hours on one charge... i think battery life is not an issue for me ;)

streetkilln

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
i had the iphone 3gs for almost 4 years before i bought the g2 2 weeks ago.

i'm hoping the g2 will also last me as long, what with its beefy hardware and all. the screen size, overall phone size, and just about everything else is just right for my needs. my sister has the note II but that thing is too big for me. i almost got the moto x until i held it my hands in the store - it felt really really cheap imho. fell in love with the g2 right off the bat. it was so new, the store only had a display model. had to wait a week to get it and it was well worth the wait.

oh, i don't know what you people do that keeps the phone "on" all the time but with my usage (which is basically the same functions i used when i had the iphone 3gs), i went 55 hours on one charge... i think battery life is not an issue for me ;)

once u go droid u never go back

jeno27

May 10, 2013
Visit site
No ...I am the great fan of note...but Samsung irritated with updates, I don't like touchwiz often hangs. ..I.use restart all ways. .I had both.. note and note 2..but I don't like to have note 3..now I am fully Satisfied with G2 awesome Phone...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar