A nice Icon pack for 3rd party and STOCK launcher

bmandrews7

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Hello all if you are looking for theme pack for your 3rd party launcher check this one out.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e.../apps/details?id=com.uppack.up&token=_js_j_-M
or his STENCILED theme pack is also nice and only cost about a buck fifty. The developer is a champ. I'll explain below.
here is a look my home screen with a few of the icons
up pack
Screenshot_2013-09-22-08-40-08.jpg
stencil
Screenshot_2013-09-22-09-42-22.jpg
In case there is any Stock launcher hold outs like my self.
Hello and you are not alone.
I have found the only way to theme the icons on the stock launcher is by replacing them with a image. Unfortunately most google play icon apps only work for third party launchers and have no way to view the icon images. I found this icon pack and asked the developer if he could help me. I was pleasantly surprised with a response within minutes(literally minutes) he sent me a link to download the images.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fzg1y56ike4l5ye/zip.zip

it is a bit of work for the stock launcher and it only changes the way they look on the home screens. But if you are a fanatic your a fanatic. If you are a lazy fanatic or a fanatic with limited time this might be a bit to much work.
1.download the zip file to your phone unzip it and give it a minute it will then show up in your gallery.
once it is there you can go through the process of editing the icon.
2. long press the Icon on the home screen.
3. select the purple paint brush in the top right
4. on the pop up select the top right tab labeled"photo icon"
5. select the "plus" symbol.
6. select the gallery as the location to look for images.
7. in the gallery should be a group of images with the name zip(or whatever you may have changed it to)
8. once there you drill through and select the preferred image.
9. crop it to your liking and okay it

Happy Tweaking

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Nice! There can never be enough themes to further customize these devices!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Kris Nelson

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Or you can just use Desktop visualizeR so much easier and you can use any third party icon packs you want!

Download DVR from the play store along with any icon packs you want. Open DVR, press select icon, others, tada choose icon from any icon pack you would like..then choose the action and it places the new icon / shortcut on your home screen, move where ever you want it.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

bmandrews7

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Or you can just use Desktop visualizeR so much easier and you can use any third party icon packs you want!

Download DVR from the play store along with any icon packs you want. Open DVR, press select icon, others, tada choose icon from any icon pack you would like..then choose the action and it places the new icon / shortcut on your home screen, move where ever you want it.

Thanks I'll look into it

bmandrews7

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Thank you so much! But it only worked with the first icon pack. How do I get the stencil pack?

yes the one in the link is free in the store play the stencil pack is not. so that is why I only linked the free one. For the stencil I bought the app and then emailed the developer my order conformation number and he emailed me the Icon pack images. He was very responsive so I felt he deserved the money for the work he did.
here is his email if you would like to contact him and work something out.
uppackdev@gmail.com
FYI.. if you are using a third party launcher you wont need the images as the app in the google play store is compatible with most 3rd party launchers

bmandrews7

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Stock. Could never find tothe icons in the gallery.

Did you unzip the file? It won't show if you don't unzip it won't show. Or you could download file explorer app. And then use that to find it. I actually prefer es explorer over the stock one

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary