10-17-2013 08:59 PM
33 12
tools
    I'm thinking about rooting the Galaxy Nexus and putting a ROM on it before I hand it off to my mother when she comes to visit for Thanksgiving. Is the one you are currently running the best in your opinion?

That's why I went ahead an bought the phone outright. Even with paying full retail I end up saving money over going to a new plan and losing unlimited data.
    Unfortunately (or Fortunately) that is such a loaded question. There are SO many good ROM's for the GNex. It really comes down to what you want in a ROM. I was looking for something very simple, stable and not full of bling. That is exactly what Slim provides me. The battery life is as good as it gets with the phone, much better than stock. I do not employ any of those battery conserving schemes (turning off gps, wifi, bluetooth), I leave screen on Auto dim...so I just use it as it should be used. If you have not visited the X site (not sure if I can mention them here) you really should. All the Developers are over there and there are a ton of ROMs to choose from.
    10-16-2013 02:51 PM
    Same here I had the GNEX for the past 2years and it was time to move on.. I love the G2 specially the amazing battery life, great camera and it's speed.. Hands down the best phone in the market right now according to me :-)
    10-16-2013 05:33 PM
    Verizon is paid royalties on the sale of the droids no wonder their salesman puss them so much, it's just the way business is
    10-16-2013 05:34 PM
    Another former GNEX'er here. I really enjoyed my GNEX up until the last couple of months. It seemed to start lagging like crazy all of the sudden. I kept a 3800 mAh extended in it and could usually make it through a day if I had to but a lot of times I kept it on a charger when I could and kept a charger with me as well as the OEM battery and the other back panel. Verizon's upgrades, or lack there of, REALLY ticked me off. I started shopping around for replacements and had talked to a rep at a 3rd party Authorized reseller about doing the "add a line swap" to keep my unlimited data and get a discount. I had pretty much settled on the G2 and ALMOST did that backdoor THE DAY OF the "Glitch". When I saw that people were succeeding, I jumped on it and got 2 (for me and my wife) for $139 each and I couldn't be more pleased.

I'm going to do a factory reset on the GNEX and HOPEFULLY get my money back on the G2s but they are awesome phones. For the most part though, the GNEX served me well, A LOT better than the T'bolt I had before it. I just hope Verizon acts out of character and actually updates the G2 in a sensible time frame! I REALLY hope that sense LG is using an almost identical architecture in the N5 that the G2 won't be far behind to get Kit Kat!
    10-16-2013 06:34 PM
    I'm thinking about rooting the Galaxy Nexus and putting a ROM on it before I hand it off to my mother when she comes to visit for Thanksgiving. Is the one you are currently running the best in your opinion?

That's why I went ahead an bought the phone outright. Even with paying full retail I end up saving money over going to a new plan and losing unlimited data.
    Don't need to root, just unlock the bootloader. Its the only device on VZW with an unlockable bootloader other than OG Droid and Xoom, so take advantage! Well I guess its too late for that.

Flash a CM10.2 or AOKP ROM. Go to xda Verizon Galaxy Nexus development. There's 30 ROMs that are all excellent. Its what made the device the greatest I have ever owned.

Edit: Until this G2 that is. It may take the top spot but it will have tough shoes to fill IMO.
    10-16-2013 07:29 PM
    Came from Gnex and can now go on a day without worrying about battery drain! Very impressed with the G2 and I got if for 119!!!
    10-17-2013 12:38 PM
    I echo many of the negative sentiments of my times with the GNex, but every time I pick up my brother's, I'm always amazed about how nice it felt in the hand. I think it had the perfect form factor.

Posted via Android Central App
    10-17-2013 03:26 PM
    Going from gnex, myself, to razr maxx was the best decision ever. Went from not being able to use my phone to save battery to finally being able to use a device the way it was meant to, with the screen on lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AC Forums mobile app
    10-17-2013 08:59 PM
33 12