I love life after ridding myself from the GNEX

enomix

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Upgrading to the LG G2 over the Gnex has impacted my life heavily. I no longer have to worry about battery life , freezing applications and ****ty pictures.
The Gnex served me well over the years but it was time to bring it outside and beat it down office space style .My love life has now improved i'm getting better sleep and i feel more sociable since upgrading.

Seriously though this phone is a necessary upgrade over the GNEX for anyone considering it.

Bobby Stockert

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I too upgraded from the GNEX to the G2. It's now been one week with the new phone and I too have to say it has changed my life.

Having a phone that can do everything is one thing, but having a phone that can do everything and not have a single thought about battery life is a whole other ballgame.

Bloodthirsty

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Funny, I had three batteries charged at all times with the Gnex. Including a 3800mAh extended battery. The Gnex could eat through those in the same time I go through one power cycle with the G2. It especially sucked when going out at night and having a dead phone at 3 am.

mikebear

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm another GNex to G2, battery life is a major improvement, and there's a lot of other things I'm enjoying too (like the beautiful screen), but the GNex was a great phone and it will always hold a place in my heart.

cobra617

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Hated my Gnex with a passion. I was considering buying the G2 outright to get rid of the Gnex.
Let's see:
For the first 6 months the phone was plagued with spontaneous reboots. I eventually went with CyanogenMod and Franco Kernel which got rid of these.
It was dog slow.
It could barely run Nav and TuneIn Pro simultaneously. (I do this on business trips all the time in my rental car....I run Nav to get me where I am going and I like to listen to radio stations on TuneIn Pro) I just got back from a trip, and my G2 ran Nav and TuneIn without breaking a sweat and it was hot where I was. (Dallas)
The camera quality was bad.
Video was ok, but the thing was so slow, it wold often stutter and skip frames while recording. (No such issues with the G2)

So I have no fond memories of my Gnex....other than it was my first 4G phone. I had a Droid Incredible prior to the Gnex and performance wise it didn't feel like an upgrade. (Though the screen, screen resolution, and 4G were big upgrades)

jimed43

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I also had the GNEX, it was awesome 2 years ago, but my battery life was down to about 1 hour. I am loving my G2.

stew930

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Even with the extended battery barely getting me through the day I am so happy with the G2. I thought the screen, design, processing power, and the development community was great for that device. I never had any problems with mine that other people experienced (signal and in call issues).

I really do like the G2 and I am so happy I picked it up. It is a device that will be in my possession for a while. Unless a Nexus with similar specs come to Verizon which will probably never happen.

truckroot

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
With gnex, I had to keep a charger with me at all times. Loved that phone but the battery life was horrible. Now I can comfortably make it all day. This g2 has set a new standard for battery life for me.

Posted via Android Central App

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Another Galaxy Nexus owner who decided to go with the G2. The battery life really is incredible on this phone and the extra RAM makes the phone fly so much that you don't even notice that it has LG's UI on it (minus the extra features). I'm not destroying my GN though as I'm passing it down to my mother since she can't afford buying a new smartphone and she currently has the Thunderbolt that I had before I got my Galaxy Nexus.

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Upgrading to the LG G2 over the Gnex has impacted my life heavily. I no longer have to worry about battery life , freezing applications and ****ty pictures.
The Gnex served me well over the years but it was time to bring it outside and beat it down office space style .My love life has now improved i'm getting better sleep and i feel more sociable since upgrading.

Seriously though this phone is a necessary upgrade over the GNEX for anyone considering it.

please tell me you are kidding about the life improvement stuff..

nuzebe

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
It's totally true, I have had the G2 for a week now and it really has changed my day to day life more than I could have imagined. I would get about 1-3 hours on my GNex extended battery. When I was in New York last year for the Cup Finals I had to carry around 3 extended batteries, 2 stock batteries, and a charger. Me and my ****ty battery life GNex were notorious, whenever I would go for drinks the bartenders I knew wouldn't even say a word and would just stick out there hand for the phone to plug it in the second i walked in the door. I even tried the 3800 mAh battery which still got me not even half a day while also making the thing look like an old Motorola.

For someone who basically works 24/7 with their phone as a primary tool it really has changed me and made me happier and more productive.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Wow what were you people doing that caused your Galaxy Nexus to get such bad battery life? I mean I know it wasn't the best toward the end, but I got more than 3 hour's and I was on my phone a lot.

Bloodthirsty

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
It's totally true, I have had the G2 for a week now and it really has changed my day to day life more than I could have imagined. I would get about 1-3 hours on my GNex extended battery. When I was in New York last year for the Cup Finals I had to carry around 3 extended batteries, 2 stock batteries, and a charger. Me and my ****ty battery life GNex were notorious, whenever I would go for drinks the bartenders I knew wouldn't even say a word and would just stick out there hand for the phone to plug it in the second i walked in the door. I even tried the 3800 mAh battery which still got me not even half a day while also making the thing look like an old Motorola.

For someone who basically works 24/7 with their phone as a primary tool it really has changed me and made me happier and more productive.

I feel your pain man. I was constantly charging.

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Wow what were you people doing that caused your Galaxy Nexus to get such bad battery life? I mean I know it wasn't the best toward the end, but I got more than 3 hour's and I was on my phone a lot.

I can get an hour and a half of screen on time on my Galaxy Nexus if I'm lucky. With standby time mixed in, I'll get about an hour of screen on time.

So I ordered an iPhone 5S with the unlimited data upgrade on Verizon's website. It sucks going back to iOS, but the iPhone manages great battery life with such a small battery, so even when I need to charge it, it's really quick. I'll still have my Nexus 4 and Nexus 7 to play with on Wi-Fi though.

mrstarzan

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
In January this year I went from a Thunderbolt to a GNex. Loved the stock Android over Sense so much and the extended batteries on the GNex made me realize how much I could to use the features to the full. Or so I thought. Now that I have the G2 I realize I was still skimping on my usage to save battery. On the G2 I do whatever I want on it without even thinking about the battery. Haven't run out of juice in a day yet. I will never go back to a lousy battery sucking phone again. The G2 is the new standard.

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app

rjrobins

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Came from the Gnex also and while it was great for the first 6 months - 1 year there were many flaws. Battery, Camera quality, lag, lack of Vzn updates for a Nexus, & Speakers to name a few. The G2 solves almost every problem the Gnex had and is even more of a value added phone. Bought it under Verizon's "Unlimited" weekend and couldn't be happier. I do sometimes get random screen issues where I press a key to type and 14 come up, but other than that it's been amazing. I'll always have a heart for the Gnex as it was my first Nexus but with a Nexus 7 and the new Nexus 10 coming, I'll get my Nexus fill in other ways.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar