How is Audio Quality Through Car Bluetooth?

Goingcarcrazy

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I don't believe this exact question has been asked (and if it had, I'm sorry), but I was reading through threads on XDA and saw that quite a few people were saying the quality of the audio via bluetooth to your car's stereo was quite a bit worse than previous phones the people had owned. I'm curious if anyone here has any experience with listening to say, Pandora, Spotify, or music in general, via bluetooth and if so, how did it sound to you? Better or worse than previous phone?

Thanks!

KayIslandDrunk

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I haven't used it with my car's bluetooth but my bluetooth headphones sound better on the G2 than they did on my incredible, razr, and gnex.

Just FYI, the limiting factor in sound quality is usually the low bitrate of bluetooth and not the speakers themselves which is why you don't really see high end headphones using it.

Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk 4.

Goingcarcrazy

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Yikes, that doesn't fill me with much hope. My Gnex sounded all crackly and didn't have very dynamic sound at all. So even slightly better still isn't good in my opinion.

giants9856

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Yikes, that doesn't fill me with much hope. My Gnex sounded all crackly and didn't have very dynamic sound at all. So even slightly better still isn't good in my opinion.

I have stock speakers in my car so they don't sound great regardless of what input is used. Might not be the best person to go by.

Goingcarcrazy

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I haven't used it with my car's bluetooth but my bluetooth headphones sound better on the G2 than they did on my incredible, razr, and gnex.

Just FYI, the limiting factor in sound quality is usually the low bitrate of bluetooth and not the speakers themselves which is why you don't really see high end headphones using it.

Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk 4.

I have a Razr Maxx HD right now and the sound sounds very similar to CD quality so if its anything like that, I'm perfectly happy. My Gnex was pretty much terrible sounding so I definitely want a LOT better than that.

electriclarryland

May 1, 2011
Visit site
There is a Bluetooth codec, apt-X, that will deliver CD quality audio to another apt-X device, such as my Sennheiser MM 400-X Bluetooth headphones. Some Samsung phones transmit this Bluetooth codec, but I haven't heard if it's been used for the LG G2.

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app

Goingcarcrazy

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I'll have to look into it. I stream Pandora a lot, but only in the car so decent bluetooth sound quality is definitely one of my top 5 wants in a phone.

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Tested BT with my car receiver (Kenwood w/ Pandora) and it sounded just as good as the S4 I used to use. The phone does seem to connect faster it seems thought than my S4.

mikebear

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I use Bluetooth to my car stereo and my wireless headphones at the gym and am very happy ( a little better than my GNex)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance