Phone disconnects from charger / won't charge

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
That's strange to watch. I'm guessing you already know that plug in animation should only flash once then the phone should start charging. Have you tried to rule out the simple stuff like trying a different cable and or charger? May also try restarting the phone to see if its just a software glitch too. A more drastic step would be a factory software reset. And last option it may be a bad charge / data port on the phone.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I tried 2 cables and 2 USB plugs for the cables. , turned the phone off and back on . Haven't done a hard reset yet.

It can be a bit of work setting the phone back up but the reset may be worth a shot. It's probably down to that or getting a replacement at this point. If you get a replacement you will have to set it up again anyway. You have an AT&T version? If so, you can run the LG backup and save everything like it is, just be sure to off load that backup file to a computer or cloud drive before the reset so you can use it to restore from.

joeynox

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Thank you all for responding. I did the factory reset and it didn't help. I went to an att store and just swapped for a new unit and so far everything seems ok. I seriousl y have no luck with cell phones. 6 Lumia 920s and now 2 G2's

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood