4 days old, will knock off but not on.

derailedbus

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
I've had my phone for 4 days now, and no issues. Actually quite pleased until today. Knock on takes a couple tries, knock off works great. Tonight while phone was sleeping, wouldn't knock on at all, no matter where or how hard I tapped. Used the back button, but it shut itself off shortly after, every time. Rebooted, and same thing. WAY too early for these kinda quirks! Don't know if I'm missing something, but not happy right now!

LifesOccult

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I've not had these problems. What I have noticed is that knock on does not work when the phone has been physically idle for a while. I think it goes into a sleep state. Moving the phone then knocking on works immediately for me. YMMV

Jonathan

cobra617

May 22, 2010
Visit site
I had issues as well. Mine ended up being my screen protector was covering the proximity sensor. I pulled it up and trimmed it. Now it works like a champ.

Powerplaygraphix

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I've only been using mine for a couple of days but I have figured out a couple of things, especially about the "Knock On/Off". One, is that you have to make sure it's secure when you tap it. It won't work well if there's any give because it won't register one of the knocks completely. If it's flat on a table/desk it almost always works. Holding it firmly in one hand while hitting it with the other usually works pretty reliably too. If you're doing it with one hand and you don't have some kind of case to make it more grippable, then you have some issues because it's hard to keep it IN your hand and tap with the same hand. Just too dang slick. It really has to be a good firm contact in rapid succession. Once I got the "feel" it works every time for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox