08-14-2016 07:59 AM
223 12345 ...
tools
    Just and FYI guys. I went to AT&T today and played with this phone. The screen was perfect, I did the draw test just like in the videos, the lines were straight and perfect.
    If you are getting heart beat lines, your phone is defective and needs to be returned.
    The problem is its intermittent. Its hard to replicate. It happens when it happens.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk 4
    10-09-2013 02:25 AM
    The problem is its intermittent. Its hard to replicate. It happens when it happens.

What he said

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
    10-09-2013 07:40 PM
    Sad news, the issue came back with vengeance. The problem however seems to be software, take a look at both the videos I recorded.

10-11-2013 12:08 AM
    Well hopefully LG and carriers don't take forever to fix it if it's software. I moved on to the note 3 and so far glad I did.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 4
    10-11-2013 07:03 AM
    Well hopefully LG and carriers don't take forever to fix it if it's software. I moved on to the note 3 and so far glad I did.

I don't know if I'd like a phablet. My friend says don't knock it til I try it but its just hard for me to get used to. It does have similar internals.

Guess I can try it and see what I think.

10-11-2013 09:27 AM
    I don't know if I'd like a phablet. My friend says don't knock it til I try it but its just hard for me to get used to. It does have similar internals.

Guess I can try it and see what I think.

Always try it. Now that I can resize the whole screen when I need to so I can run it one handed makes a huge difference over the note 2. So far no issues, but it's early in the game. At least there is no screen issues.

10-11-2013 10:01 AM
    I just wanted to throw my hat into the ring and admit I have a problem...a touch screen problem. On Verizon, 3 day old phone, done it 6 times, twice in Facebook app, twice while moving apps around my desktop, once in Candy Crush and once in CarBuzz app. Here are a couple Qnotes showing whats up. The left one was last night while using facebook, the other is from this afternoon while using carbuzz:

LG G2: Touch Screen Issues?-2013-10-11-00-19-18.jpg LG G2: Touch Screen Issues?-2013-10-11-16-38-36.jpg
    10-11-2013 03:59 PM
    I just wanted to throw my hat into the ring and admit I have a problem...a touch screen problem. On Verizon, 3 day old phone, done it 6 times, twice in Facebook app, twice while moving apps around my desktop, once in Candy Crush and once in CarBuzz app. Here are a couple Qnotes showing whats up. The left one was last night while using facebook, the other is from this afternoon while using carbuzz:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-10-11-00-19-18.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	293.6 KB 
ID:	86001 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-10-11-16-38-36.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	312.3 KB 
ID:	86002
    Try using Swype with that going on.

10-11-2013 04:20 PM
    Glad I made the move to the Note 3 after seeing more and more cases of this. No issues at all with the Note.

Posted via Android Central App
    10-11-2013 08:33 PM
    So to the folks having this issue. Have you been able to correct this behavior ?
    10-18-2013 08:53 PM
    I tried it out and I get nothing but straight lines. Try doing a factory reset and if that doesn't work exchange the phone.

Sent from my LG-D801 using AC Forums mobile app
    10-18-2013 09:30 PM
    I tried it out and I get nothing but straight lines. Try doing a factory reset and if that doesn't work exchange the phone.

Sent from my LG-D801 using AC Forums mobile app
    I did a factory reset and it eventually comes back. I'm not going to do factory resets all the time, they suck to do.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    10-18-2013 11:19 PM
    I went through my phone and disabled as much of the bloatware that AT&T puts on the phone and I rarely see the problem now. I can say that one app that almost always causes problems is the Google Play store and especially the app update service. When it runs, the screen goes crazy, but it stops after it has completed. Facebook Messenger was another, but I can live without that. For the most part, I didn't use any of the apps I disabled, so it seems like a reasonable fix. Aside from the screen issue, I like the phone, so I suppose this is an acceptable solution, but annoying nonetheless.
    10-21-2013 07:56 AM
    Vzn G2 - Have the crazy typing issues about twice a day. I simply turn my screen off and after a minute it works. Voice typing is my way around it. I luckily don't get crazy lines though when it happens. It's really annoying when it does happen and while I want to return the device I'm not sure I could perfectly duplicate it when I go to a Verizon store. I tried twice within my 14 day return timeframe and both times I couldn't duplicate it. I'm using the Incipio feather case although I'm not sure that's playing a role. Hope there is a software update or something that can fix it because this phone is absolutely amazing other than this...
    10-21-2013 09:55 PM
    Vzn G2 - Have the crazy typing issues about twice a day. I simply turn my screen off and after a minute it works. Voice typing is my way around it. I luckily don't get crazy lines though when it happens. It's really annoying when it does happen and while I want to return the device I'm not sure I could perfectly duplicate it when I go to a Verizon store. I tried twice within my 14 day return timeframe and both times I couldn't duplicate it. I'm using the Incipio feather case although I'm not sure that's playing a role. Hope there is a software update or something that can fix it because this phone is absolutely amazing other than this...
    Had the same exact problem - the touch screen went bonkers several times a day (especially at the lock screen), but the moment I walked into the Verizon store, it worked just fine. Factory resets and the Verizon update did nothing.

I was still able to get the phone replaced at the store just now (had it for a few days), and the one I received works flawlessly with/without the Verizon update with zero touch issues.

Hopefully it stays that way, because this phone is excellent otherwise.
    10-22-2013 01:35 PM
    Guys, a few pages ago someone posted a fix that required turning down the sensitivity. Once I followed his instructions I haven't had this error.

Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk 4.
    10-22-2013 03:01 PM
    Changed the sensitivity and still got the glitch twice today. So frustrating. Trying my 4th keyboard and hope it does the trick...
    10-22-2013 10:21 PM
    Changed the sensitivity and still got the glitch twice today. So frustrating. Trying my 4th keyboard and hope it does the trick...
    Just record it the next time it happens (like the person in the video did) and then show it to the Verizon representative. Either that, or just return it.

If it's a hardware problem, changing the keyboard is not going to do anything, and you'll be stuck with a defective phone.
    10-23-2013 09:05 AM
    I'm having the same problem. Not all the time, obviously, but when it happens it's so frustrating. If I exchange the phone, I will get a refurbished one. NOT willing to take the chance of all kinds of other things being wrong.

Posted via Android Central App
    Ralph77 likes this.
    10-26-2013 04:13 PM
    Wow, using memo to visualize this issue was really clever.

It shows exactly what I suspected was going on. Now to try and figure out if this is hardware or software caused. The fact that it doesn't happen all the time gives me hope that its software and can be resolved with a patch. Although with my 14-day window closing soon, I'm not sure i have the luxury of waiting to find out.
    I am not experiencing this at all. The only thing I am.experiencing is when scrolling it scrolls much slower than my Lumia 920.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG G2
    10-26-2013 05:48 PM
    Hi all

Are there any updates on this issue? Is it software or hardware?
    I just ordered the international version (D802), and I just found this thread along with a bunch of Korean videos on youtube demonstrating the same problem... Wouldn't have ordered it If I knew!

Also, I planned on rooting and installing Cyanogenmod onto my G2 - if it's a software issue, would changing ROMs solve it?
    11-02-2013 07:16 PM
    Hi all

Are there any updates on this issue? Is it software or hardware?
    I just ordered the international version (D802), and I just found this thread along with a bunch of Korean videos on youtube demonstrating the same problem... Wouldn't have ordered it If I knew!

Also, I planned on rooting and installing Cyanogenmod onto my G2 - if it's a software issue, would changing ROMs solve it?

What he said.. I am also curious if you guys are still having the same problem, or if it went away, or if you all returned/replaced with a new one?
    11-05-2013 12:23 AM
    Mines still there but it does it so rarely it doesn't bother me much and when it does occur, I just turn the screen off and then turn it back on agian and it's good as new. Interestingly enough, I turned off knock on yesterday because I was getting REALLY annoyed with it thinking my swipes are double touches and it turning the screen back off, but since I turned off knock-on, I haven't noticed the screen seizures.
    11-05-2013 09:46 PM
    Guys, a few pages ago someone posted a fix that required turning down the sensitivity. Once I followed his instructions I haven't had this error.

Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk 4.
    I tried looking for the post but couldn't find it. Could you link to it?
    11-05-2013 09:48 PM
    I checked this both at AT&T and T Mo and neither G2 had this issue.

Sent from my LG-P870 using Tapatalk
    11-07-2013 09:15 AM
223 12345 ...