LG G2: Touch Screen Issues?

Auzo

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I am curious to see if anyone else has been having any touch screen issues such as it being too sensitive or not responding properly?

Every now and then my phone will go crazy. For example if I'm in a browser and I try to 1 finger scroll up or down i will have random zooming happen or a link gets selected. It just doesn't respond like you would expect it to almost as if it doesn't register your touch gesture correctly. Once it gets into one of these modes the problems persist until i turn off the screen and leave it be for a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:

GPilot650

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Re: G2 Touch Screen Issues?

Is your screen clean?
Had it happen to me last week but fixed it by cleaning the screen off. Greasy fingers.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 4

KayIslandDrunk

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

This just started happening to me. I noticed it only happens when I have a case on the phone. Probably has something to do with the thin bezels and the case putting pressure on the screen edges.

My solution was to just remove the case and cycle the screen on/off.

Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk 4.

Last edited:

Auzo

May 25, 2010
Visit site

Is your screen clean?
Had it happen to me last week but fixed it by cleaning the screen off. Greasy fingers.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 4

I have tried cleaning my screen during one of these events but i have seen mixed results from that.

This just started happening to me. I noticed it only happens when I have a case on the phone.

I am caseless right now, but I did use the flip case for a while when I first got the phone.

slide83

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site

This absolutely happens to me. When I double click to zoom in on a webpage is when it happens. It doesn't always happen, but every now and then. Once it starts going crazy it affects all apps and I just have to restart the phone to be able to use it. I've been thinking about getting a replacement, but if it's a software bug all of them will probably have the same issue...

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

Hmm I can't produce this issue at all on mine and haven't seen it. When we post in the G2 general section it may be a good idea to list our version/carrier to see if we can isolate issues down to one particular model.

Auzo

May 25, 2010
Visit site

This absolutely happens to me. When I double click to zoom in on a webpage is when it happens. It doesn't always happen, but every now and then. Once it starts going crazy it affects all apps and I just have to restart the phone to be able to use it. I've been thinking about getting a replacement, but if it's a software bug all of them will probably have the same issue...

That's exactly why I started this thread, haha. I wanted to try and figure out if this is something that could be fixed with a software update or if I should exchange my phone for a new one. It seems like it could potentially be the hardware since there aren't a lot of people that seem to be having this problem.

KayIslandDrunk

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

I also have to say that I don't remember having this issue until after the software update they pushed last week.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site

Just happened to me, and has in the past. For me, they keyboard flakes out. I'll touch a key and it repeats it several times. Sometimes when I scroll it freaks out. I thought it had something to do with static electricity or something. I can't say for sure if it happened before or after the update. I'm on VZW.

kristoph

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

^ same thing happens on my at&t g2 quite frequently. Hopefully software.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk 4

TrekkieMonster

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site

Just happened to me, and has in the past. For me, they keyboard flakes out. I'll touch a key and it repeats it several times. Sometimes when I scroll it freaks out. I thought it had something to do with static electricity or something. I can't say for sure if it happened before or after the update. I'm on VZW.

I had the key repeat issue on my original unit - though only on the lock-screen PIN-pad. Returned it for this and other screen-fritz issues, and the new one doesn't exhibit any of the screen issues of the original, including the keypad freak out. Also VZW here.

slide83

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site

Looks like I'll be returning mine then. I can hardly text or browse the web for it. Also getting the screeching on calls. Hope I just got a dud.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site

Had it happen to me today for the first time and got my phone on launch day. Screen was way to sensitive. But turned off phone and back on fixed it. On Verizon and never got the update.

Posted via Android Central App

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

I've had the keyboard issue bad. It seems to be effecting the swype type keyboards and texting for me. If I tap type works good. I've tried swype, swift, and Google keyboards, all with the same issue.

Unfortunately this is a deal breaker for me to keep the phone. Which sucks as this is a great phone.

And it appears to only be effecting my text, stock and handcent so far. I swyped this entire message with no issues.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 4

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

I've had the keyboard issue bad. It seems to be effecting the swype type keyboards and texting for me. If I tap type works good. I've tried swype, swift, and Google keyboards, all with the same issue.

Unfortunately this is a deal breaker for me to keep the phone. Which sucks as this is a great phone.

And it appears to only be effecting my text, stock and handcent so far. I swyped this entire message with no issues.

Here is a example of normal swype message. It doesn't even come close to words.

"Rug ghee now birth klub ng g with GH CCG hill look he"

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

Has anyone had issues with a case on the phone. Curious if the screen so close to edges has anything to do with it. Just seeing if case keeps your palm of screen more, just thinking out loud here.

I can swipe on the forum using tapatalk 4 no issues, but texting has issues, stock or third party, doesn't make sense.

anon(5373819)

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

I am actually having this issue as well and it's intermittent. Is this a software bug or hardware! I'm still in my 14 day grace period. Love the phone, but hate that touch issue!

Is it just some models, so is there a chance I can return this one and get a functioning one? Or is this a LG G2 issue meaning it effects the most if not all G2s

Auzo

May 25, 2010
Visit site

LG G2 Touch Screen Issues - YouTube

Here's a video I made to help visualize what's going on!

Wow, using memo to visualize this issue was really clever.

It shows exactly what I suspected was going on. Now to try and figure out if this is hardware or software caused. The fact that it doesn't happen all the time gives me hope that its software and can be resolved with a patch. Although with my 14-day window closing soon, I'm not sure i have the luxury of waiting to find out.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12