LG G2: Touch Screen Issues?

anon(5373819)

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: G2 Touch Screen Issues?

Same here I have until the 5th of October so early next week I'm gonna exchange it and hopefully it won't have the same issue.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk 4

anon(5373819)

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Yikes, combined with the voice quality issues...scary. Software or hardware I wonder.

I feel like it's software because it doesn't seem to happen in all apps and even when doing the line trick without the transparent memo the lines are straight.

Meaning when I see the browser or desktop, etc [Transparent mode] and draw the lines, the lines go crazy but when I switch it to the default memo background lines are straight. Interestingly when I return it back to transparent mode the lines go haywire again.

Ken7

May 25, 2011
Visit site

That is weird vahdyx. Fortunately I don't believe most people are seeing that with their G2s, so there's hope for you. I've never seen it on mine. I even tried duplicating what you did with the notepad since I don't normally draw on the pad. But my lines were perfectly straight with none of the wonkiness you documented in your video. I'm assuming rebooting hasn't solved it either?

Why not go back to Verizon and see if their demo does it. I'd bet it doesn't based on the many owners here. I'd exchange it. Good luck!

anon(5373819)

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

I have a theory! I'm testing it out now and 10 mins in no wonkiness. I recently got home with my newly replaced G2. Everything was fine for about 2 hours. I didn't want to theme it and do all this work if it was going to fail. Everything seemed a-ok so I went ahead and downloaded all my apps.

Rethemed it with Nova and used NOx icons and no more then 10 mins in the wonkiness began.

It then occurred to me that perhaps the issue is Nova so I decided to use the standard theme.

Its been about 10 or so mins of constant use and no wonkiness. I'm gonna keep it on stock theme and see what happens.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

I have a theory! I'm testing it out now and 10 mins in no wonkiness. I recently got home with my newly replaced G2. Everything was fine for about 2 hours. I didn't want to theme it and do all this work if it was going to fail. Everything seemed a-ok so I went ahead and downloaded all my apps.

Rethemed it with Nova and used NOx icons and no more then 10 mins in the wonkiness began.

It then occurred to me that perhaps the issue is Nova so I decided to use the standard theme.

Its been about 10 or so mins of constant use and no wonkiness. I'm gonna keep it on stock theme and see what happens.

Well someone needs to rain on your parade. It was doing it to me on the stock launcher. I did a FDR and so far no issues. Time will tell, crossing my fingers, but not holding my breath.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 4

mount.zed

May 31, 2013
Visit site

I agree, very clever way of demonstrating the issue. Good work

Wow, using memo to visualize this issue was really clever.

It shows exactly what I suspected was going on. Now to try and figure out if this is hardware or software caused. The fact that it doesn't happen all the time gives me hope that its software and can be resolved with a patch. Although with my 14-day window closing soon, I'm not sure i have the luxury of waiting to find out.

anon(5373819)

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Well someone needs to rain on your parade. It was doing it to me on the stock launcher. I did a FDR and so far no issues. Time will tell, crossing my fingers, but not holding my breath.

Damn okay cool. Hopefully it doesn't mess up for you.

If it is this phone I may be saying good bye.

By chance do you have a T-Mobile version? I'm thinking it may just be a T-Mobile issue?

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

Damn okay cool. Hopefully it doesn't mess up for you.

If it is this phone I may be saying good bye.

By chance do you have a T-Mobile version? I'm thinking it may just be a T-Mobile issue?

I'm on Verizon. If it acts up again I'm saying goodbye to it myself.

anon(5373819)

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

So far so good on Nova launcher. I decided to go back to Nova seeing how it doesn't matter. I have been trying to get it to mess up again but nothing. I did a FDR as well to see if it would provide a better fix and so far it's been a good phone

anon(5373819)

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Game over! :-( it ended up doing it again so I switched over to stock launcher and it still did it. In fact, with the stock launcher the lines were a little more sporadic during the test.

Dammit I really like this phone!

So since I love the hardware so much, I decided to just bring out the ol' MyTouch 3G and use that until the Nexus 5 comes out! Hopefully without screen issues.

Just holding this thing gives me the onset of severe nostalgia! Kind of a cool feeling!

Last edited:

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

I'm still having no repeat of the screen issue, but am expecting it to return. My s4 is on the charger and goes with me so I'm ready if it goes crazy again.

anon(5373819)

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

I'm still having no repeat of the screen issue, but am expecting it to return. My s4 is on the charger and goes with me so I'm ready if it goes crazy again.

I spoke with a few other T-Mobile users of the LG G2 and the problem seems to be with the black version. Two of the four I talked two had issues with their black phones, but the others with the white G2s said it's working great!

sooooo........

I may test out the white

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

I spoke with a few other T-Mobile users of the LG G2 and the problem seems to be with the black version. Two of the four I talked two had issues with their black phones, but the others with the white G2s said it's working great!

sooooo........

I may test out the white

I'm with Verizon and I'm guessing that they would consider that a different phone and charge $35 restock fee.

I haven't had a keyboard issue again yet, but have had screen stuttering, did the quick memo check and the straight lines looked like one of those heart rate displays at hospitals. So thinking of just going back you my s4 that is issue free and enjoy problem free phone. This sucks because except for that the phone is a good phone, always has to be something. Lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

Auzo

May 25, 2010
Visit site

sooooo........

I may test out the white

Unfortunately I can confirm that the problem is not exclusive to the black ones. I have a White G2 and the problem exists for me.

anon(5373819)

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

So I decided to "Jump" the LG G2 while I wait for Google to ship the S4 GE I ordered [Couldn't stand the MyTouch 3G any longer] with the intent to return the LG in favor of the S4 when it arrived. However the LG G2 I "financed" is perfect sooooo... If it continues to work well without screen issues I will return the S4 GE! At this moment I'm stoked. I love the G2 so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

So I decided to "Jump" the LG G2 while I wait for Google to ship the S4 GE I ordered [Couldn't stand the MyTouch 3G any longer] with the intent to return the LG in favor of the S4 when it arrived. However the LG G2 I "financed" is perfect sooooo... If it continues to work well without screen issues I will return the S4 GE! At this moment I'm stoked. I love the G2 so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Good luck. I sent my g2 back and fired up the s4 again,I didn't want to risk it, had a couple small issues after data reset. My 14 days were up on Tuesday so I had to get it in the mail. Debating on ordering the note 3 but still on the fence. If it wasn't for the shrink the screen deal I probably would pass on that also.

anon(5373819)

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Good luck. I sent my g2 back and fired up the s4 again,I didn't want to risk it, had a couple small issues after data reset. My 14 days were up on Tuesday so I had to get it in the mail. Debating on ordering the note 3 but still on the fence. If it wasn't for the shrink the screen deal I probably would pass on that also.

Thanks dude. Did your issue develop or was t always there? The GS4 GE is supposed to be at my place on Monday. So I'm gonna intensely use this G2 until then.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante