LG G2: Touch Screen Issues?

SM33GL

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Re: G2 Touch Screen Issues?

Wonder if it just the US ones (on Sprint, Verizon etc) that have this issue??

The Australian ones aren't being reported as having this issue. Although it is early days.

iolaus

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site

The thing that makes this issue extra difficult is that it is sporadic and the way it manifests itself can be subtle. The fact that the phone starts registering phantom touches can show up as a crazy keyboard, scrolling issues, random selections, etc. Sometimes, if you didn't know better, you'd just assume you lifted your finger accidentally. Additionally, often times when this happens I'll try to pull down the notification bar but instead the device will register a double-tap on the notification bar and turn the screen off. Turning the screen off remedies the issue so once you turn it back on things seem normal. It is my guess that this issue is much more prevalent than it seems because a lot of users are probably chalking it up to some little goof on their part.

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

Congratulations
You all succeeded in making me change my mind about getting a G2.

Good job LG, too... Messing up a great device. I really wonder if Nexus owners are having any issues, my guess is that they are too proud to admit.....

I've had the phone a week now and have no issues whatsoever.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site

Here's a thread on XDA addressing the same issue. It may be helpful for those who are experiencing this issue.

G2 Touchscreen Issues - (Launcher "Spasms")... - xda-developers

It's a real problem, and it might not be a tiny percentage of the G2 owners who are affected. It may be more related to how intensively you use your G2, or how closely you look. Seems like the jury is still out on the frequency of this issue. Time will tell. I certainly hope that it's not a prevalent issue as I have another G2 on it's way to me.

Rogue360

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site

Congratulations
You all succeeded in making me change my mind about getting a G2.

Good job LG, too... Messing up a great device. I really wonder if Nexus owners are having any issues, my guess is that they are too proud to admit.....

Sent from my LG-P870 using Tapatalk

I've just sold my Nexus to come back to the G2.

Nexus was ok, but you'll undoubtedly find it boring compared to the G2. It wasn't without it's issues either. I had 2 phones in the space of 5 days because one died on me.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site

I love the G2. I want to stay right here!

I just want to be able to enter text, scroll, pick from lists and move between homepages!! Maybe my first G2 was just a "bad" one - jury is still out on that.

Very interesting that you came back to the G2 after the N5. The N5 was the device I was hoping VZW would provide on their network, but I took the G2 because it's a close cousin.

youngusaplaya

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Just got mine from sprint touch was a little off so I calibrated the sensor and no issues

Posted via Android Central App

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site

Just got mine from sprint touch was a little off so I calibrated the sensor and no issues

Interesting. But isn't that the "Motion Sensor"?

I am not saying that it doesn't affect the phantom touches that this thread (and others) are talking about, but in theory that sensor determines the tilt and speed sensing capabilities of the sensor. It's not a "screen calibration" that involves tuning of touch location or sensitivity.

If it really "fixes" the G2 touchscreen issues for everyone, that would be truly awesome. But before we declare success on that front, it would be great to hear that it's working for everyone with the issue. Which is really challenging, b/c simply waiting a moment, or turning the screen on/off also "fixes" the problem - until it occurs again.

I now have a replacement G2 with no evidence of the G2 touchscreen issue - and I am hoping that it will stay that way. But I would encourage all G2 owners who are frustrated with this issue try the Motion Sensor calibration, see if it fixes the issue (for more than a day/two), and to please report back here.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site

Let's get this issue some exposure on social media.

Go to the LG G2 Owners Community on Google+ and post your experience with this issue. I have.

Maybe we can get LG's attention.

If you are a Facebook member (I was an early-in, early-out FB member) please consider creating a FB post on the LG G2 page.

Thanks!

heading4tomorrow

May 21, 2013
Visit site

Let's get this issue some exposure on social media.

Go to the LG G2 Owners Community on Google+ and post your experience with this issue. I have.

Maybe we can get LG's attention.

If you are a Facebook member (I was an early-in, early-out FB member) please consider creating a FB post on the LG G2 page.

Thanks!

Bumping this thread to see if anyone can come back and say they got a better device after returning the first one and if it is working just fine now?
Also, Billy, I don't think FB is taken seriously by developers or manufacturers, better to call them or email them through their site, and of course Google+ is a better place to be heard compared to FB. Were you able to start a thread there? Are you using G2 right now?

I already found a thread that was started yesterday by Bill
https://plus.google.com/+BillKoch/posts?hl=en

I am seriously planning to order mine from AT&T tomorrow.
Someone suggests Snapdragon Battery Guru, and Clean Matter to fix issues with the phone.
Someone else says Rooted, flashed cm, all is well after having problems with stock rom (But I love stock rom and the stuff LG is offering)
I hope more of you can chime in there, but really, even G+ is not the best place since there is not a single soul from AT&T or LG responding there, feels like wasting time. Call and email LG directly, and accumulate case #. Most of the time manufacturer asks you deal with carrier, If carrier is having enough complaints they will escalate to manufacturer, that's pretty much the same case for all USA carriers and their subsidized phones.

anon(5373819)

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

So it is software then. Perhaps that's why LG is expediting the LG G2 to 4.4. So rooting and Cyanogen seems to fix?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

heading4tomorrow

May 21, 2013
Visit site

So it is software then. Perhaps that's why LG is expediting the LG G2 to 4.4. So rooting and Cyanogen seems to fix?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I think someone else posted that it happened even after rooting. You may want to read more to see if any other rooters had the issue recur.

I just placed my order for G2 and since they charge restocking fee if I return to store, I am keeping my fingers crossed that this issue is not as bad as reported.

Sent from my LG-P870 using Tapatalk

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

My liquidy-sliq G2 has been rooted since the day I got it and no troubles or anomalies whatsoever. Please don't jinx it. Thanks!

:)

G Pad 8.3

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site

It sucks that folks have the problem. It doesn't suck that I don't have the problem.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site

Definately go post on the link I provided.

That is my post on G+.

Those apps that you saw in my G+ thread are unlikely to help.

Regarding custom ROMs, owners still have this issue with non-stock installs. I think it's bad code in the binaries and/or drivers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge