LG G2: Touch Screen Issues?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: G2 Touch Screen Issues?

I use Next on this G Pro. Its nice and has a lot of potential eye-candy. IME, it takes longer to setup Nova than it does Next, Apex, and Go but that may be because there's more options. The end result is quite nice though, IMO.

OptimuS G Pro

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

Next 3D on my G Pro. By default it looks rather gaudy to my old 43 year-old eyes but once you correct for that it can look just as nice as any other with some nifty eye-candy effects (folder opening being my favorite).

1385417123160.jpg1385417144766.jpg

OptimuS G Pro

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site

Once i made mine like factory. No shortcuts, default background. I haven't seen the issue,since no clue what the 3finger swipe was, i turned it off but doubt it an issue. But havnt seen isssue again, so that's good i love this phone

heading4tomorrow

May 21, 2013
Visit site

Once i made mine like factory. No shortcuts, default background. I haven't seen the issue,since no clue what the 3finger swipe was, i turned it off but doubt it an issue. But havnt seen isssue again, so that's good i love this phone

Is your up/down scroll (and flick and scroll) buttery smooth?
I like three finger swipe but if that's causing problem I can disable that. It's really nice (you can save apps on the side) But I realized 3 finger does not remember state if you keep them "minimized" for a long time..

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site

I wanted to share that I logged a "Voice of the Customer" report at LG regarding this G2 issue that is being forwarded to LG Management and the Software Engineering team. They are promising to get back to me via phone or email. We'll see...

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

I wanted to share that I logged a "Voice of the Customer" report at LG regarding this G2 issue that is being forwarded to LG Management and the Software Engineering team. They are promising to get back to me via phone or email. We'll see...

Thanks. Please keep us posted.

OptimuS G Pro

BecomingDeath13

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site

Definitely keep us posted! I know everyone appreciates it! I just hope they don't get back to you by 'ignoring' it :/

Posted From My Sprint Nexus S 4G

ulrich6

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site

ulrich6: I posted on this a while back and would just like to report that I did have all the wonky screen issues that have been discussed. I finally broke down and got a replacement sent out. I've had it for a week now and the issue is completely gone. Same case, same apps, just different device.​

I replaced mine too. Instead of having issues as of day 1, it took about 4 days.

I hope you stay 100% problem-free.

I'm on Verizon, as a previous poster inquired. Been 2 weeks on phone #2. Zero screen issues

sjs87

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site

I posted my issue on xda already but It seems that there's a little more activity here with this issue. My lines are perfectly straight, but I have a dead spot. I'll copy over what i wrote on xda.

Pretty much the same issue just popped up with my G2. It's been perfect for me since I got it around october 7th. But starting today, I have an area on the screen similar to what marionico posted a picture of. Mine is offset more towards the upper half of the screen though. Pretty much inline with the power button. In addition to that, knock knock does not work at all anymore. The dead spot is present throughout the UI and all apps i've tried so far. And turning the screen off then on again does nothing for this issue. Seems to be a common problem from a quick google search and I hope it's just software related. (even though it's not looking that way so far)

Before the G2 released, I told myself that I would never get another LG smartphone because I've always had bad luck with them. (LG thrill, optimus G, Nexus 4) But the G2 looked very promising and came with some of the best specs over all. If this ends up being a device cripling issue that LG won't/can't do anything about, I'm done with LG for good.

And like I mentioned, I vowed not to get another LG but decided to give them one last chance with the G2. I've been 100% happy with it until this started today. I know every manufacturer can have a couple lemons, but I keep getting a whole basket from LG. Regardless if this problem is fixed eventually or not, no more LGs for me for sure this time.

And by the way, it is a completely OEM AT&T G2. Stock launcher and not rooted.

heading4tomorrow

May 21, 2013
Visit site

I am going crazy drawing lines in my G2 and every time it is a big suspense with hopes that it won't go berserk and it doesn't. So far I am OK, don't want to jinx it but I had to let you guys know.

Sent from my LG-D800

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site

I posted my issue on xda already but It seems that there's a little more activity here with this issue. My lines are perfectly straight, but I have a dead spot. I'll copy over what i wrote on xda.

And like I mentioned, I vowed not to get another LG but decided to give them one last chance with the G2. I've been 100% happy with it until this started today. I know every manufacturer can have a couple lemons, but I keep getting a whole basket from LG. Regardless if this problem is fixed eventually or not, no more LGs for me for sure this time.

And by the way, it is a completely OEM AT&T G2. Stock launcher and not rooted.

Just for clarification, there seems to be two different issues being discussed that may have two different causes requiring different fixes. They are:

- Erratic behavior causing phantom touches, out of control scrolling, EKG-like lines when trying to draw a straight line
- Potential dead spots on the screen where the screen appears to be totally unresponsive

The majority of this thread has focused on the first issue - erratic behavior. More info on this topic can be found on this XDA thread.

The issue of an unresponsive touchscreen is actually quite the opposite from the first issue above. It sound quite serious and probably deserves to have a thread totally dedicated to that issue.

Again, just wanted to clarify.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site

I am going crazy drawing lines in my G2 and every time it is a big suspense with hopes that it won't go berserk and it doesn't. So far I am OK, don't want to jinx it but I had to let you guys know. Sent from my LG-D800

I'd suggest just enjoying your G2! It's an amazing device.

Consider checking from time-to-time that you have plenty of available RAM. Currently, this seems to be one possible cause of erratic touchscreen behavior.

heading4tomorrow

May 21, 2013
Visit site

I'd suggest just enjoying your G2! It's an amazing device.

Consider checking from time-to-time that you have plenty of available RAM. Currently, this seems to be one possible cause of erratic touchscreen behavior.

I made use of that clean RAM widget but got rid of it when I realized phone manages it well. I guess it was habit in 512mb and 1gig RAM devices.

I am just concerned about cleaning the residue some apps leave behind! Especially games with their poor coding.

Yes. I love my LG G2.

Sent from my LG-D800

sjs87

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site

Just for clarification, there seems to be two different issues being discussed that may have two different causes requiring different fixes. They are:

- Erratic behavior causing phantom touches, out of control scrolling, EKG-like lines when trying to draw a straight line
- Potential dead spots on the screen where the screen appears to be totally unresponsive

The majority of this thread has focused on the first issue - erratic behavior. More info on this topic can be found on this XDA thread.

The issue of an unresponsive touchscreen is actually quite the opposite from the first issue above. It sound quite serious and probably deserves to have a thread totally dedicated to that issue.

Again, just wanted to clarify.

Ill check out that thread thanks. And yes it is a different issue. The "ekg lines" also seems to be more of a common problem.

sjs87

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site

Just a little update. to keep you guys informed even though my issue is different from the ekg. I just went to power on my screen with the button because the knock knock doesnt work anymore of course and the first screen that popped up was a message stating that the LCD is damaged and gave me the option to switch to hardware controls. (which doesnt make any sense because they are always on anyways) It wouldnt allow me to screen shot the image for whatever reason, but I found the image online.

*not my screenshot, I just googled it and found it on an xda thread*

1379790494834.jpg

Again, even though my issue is a little different, I'm almost positive that they are both hardware related caused by inferior materials/build quality. I'm done with LG

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site

Learned some new things today about this issue. Check post #91 here.

Sorry for the cross-post, but I don't want to do duplicate posts either!

If you are having the erratic touchscreen behavior, check out that post.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site

This issue is happening for me every day now.
I am using my G2 more than ever before, so there's more opportunity for it to fall into this erratic behavior.

LG - are you listening??

sara d

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site

yep, screen issues for sure. screen just fades to black, sounds working but nothing on screen. first time it happened, took it into store. of course it started working then. cycled on/off, removed sim card, etc. happened again today, all evening, could hear notifications, but nothing on screen. really sorry, cause i love this phone, but thinking of switching. running a business and cannot afford the downtime :(

joelvin

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site

Went to VZW today, they said unless they could duplicate the problem I couldn't swap phones and the warranty wouldn't cover it even though I had 10+ examples using Quick Memo. They blamed it on Nova launcher -_-

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay