LG G2: Touch Screen Issues?

MenaceGaming

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I am curious to see if anyone else has been having any touch screen issues such as it being too sensitive or not responding properly?

Every now and then my phone will go crazy. For example if I'm in a browser and I try to 1 finger scroll up or down i will have random zooming happen or a link gets selected. It just doesn't respond like you would expect it to almost as if it doesn't register your touch gesture correctly. Once it gets into one of these modes the problems persist until i turn off the screen and leave it be for a bit.

This happens to me alot it happen with my first lg g2 and i thought it was bc i dropped it many times but when i got a new when and it just started happen recently i didnt know what to think of it now and then it will do the same thing over and over but when it stops a part of my screen doesnt respond and its the same are of the screen my last phone wouldnt respond to. personally i think its just the phone its self it may have a bug in its software some where among the updates. im seriously thinking of switching to Lg G3

gwsmallwood

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
I've been having the ghost screen press issue. No dead spots that I can find. I had a second-hand G2 for 6 months that never had any issues. Then I dropped it and broke the screen.

I went a bought a replacement G2 from T-Mobile last Monday. This Sunday night / Monday morning is when I started noticing these phantom screen press issues. It happened after installing a dual layer case. Not sure if that is coincidence or if the additional heat can trigger the issue. I removed the case and the problem didn't go away. I used my old G2 for about 2 weeks with a similar case and never saw this. I tried every "fix" that was mentioned in this thread except for a complete battery drain and factory reset, because nobody seemed to report either of those being a permanent fix. I did notice that the problem didn't really show up when the phone was on a charger, and it seemed to get worse as the battery drained. Not sure if that was coincidence or not. I was actually able to capture quick memos of the screen drawing dots and lines across one perfectly straight portion of the screen, like it was one horizontal row of the digitizer that was having an issue. It was also in the same general area that many people reported the dead spots in their phones, like the ones above.

I went in to T-Mobile today and the manager said he had the same problem with his first G2. He replaced it and never saw the problem on the new one. He said it has to do with the digitizer and screen being one unit in these phones, but wasn't sure what the actual problem was. They replaced mine as I was within my 14-day window. If you don't see any updates or any new information from me, then it means the new phone hasn't had the issue.

New update. This is now my third G2. First one was bought second hand and worked perfectly up until I dropped and broke it. Second one suffered from the phantom screen press issue and was returned. Third one suffers from the Knock-On issue. Knock on works, but only if your timing is exact. I've tried all of the suggestions. Factory reboot, touchscreen firmware update, app removals, accessibility changes, etc. No luck. It was intermittent at first. It would work perfectly for a while, then not work at all. Now I'm going on about a week of it not working properly.

As much as I love this phone, I think there are some serious QC issues with their screen/digitizer.

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
hi ,

i got a LG-D802 and the touch is not working (when i touch a certain place it does another thing like not responding and showing the touch somewhere else ) when i took it to a shop they said that its a problem with the os and cannot find the bootloader ,is there anything that i can do to fix my phone ????????

Nate8Teen

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Its a hardware issue because every time you press the power or volume buttons on the back, it rubs up against the back of the screen. This is what the guy at the AT&T store said.

jcdev

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
Re: G2 Touch Screen Issues?

I've realized there is a virus going around specific to LG G2 phones. It starts with your texts randomly going into an incredibly large font then the touch screen on the phones will have a segment about an inch down from the top, that is non-responsive to touch. Occasionally an attempt to touch or swipe on or across this area will result in a double touch (hence the unintentional zoom). A simple test to see if you have this issue is to open a conversation and pull up the keyboard and try to scroll through your messages in that conversation while the keyboard is still up. You'll notice a lag or a non-responsive section. Also Angry Birds is incredibly hard to play with this issue because the birds are often positioned right in this non-responsive part of the screen. So to clarify, this is not an app based problem but is a virus at the core of the Android operating system. I have seen this process in my LG G2 phone and a friend's LG G2 phone while both of us had completely different apps installed. I think Android or LG needs to take a serious look into this problem. I have used some developer tools to analyze the issue so if you have any more questions please feel free to ask me.

Yamidavie

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
On my G2 I have done many things to attempt to get this to stop to no avail
Until I noticed WHAT sensor it's sits on and from what side (over the sim tray slot) so what I did
1. Eject sim tray
2. Reinsert sim tray (restart phone to detect your sim card)
3. Enjoy

em_2516

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys!!!
I just wanted to share this info I found with you about the ghost touch screen issue:
Disable & erase Accuweather from the settings & home screen. A guy with this issues called LG for assistance and the rep told him to disable the Accuweather app. In some cases, erasing it from the home screen fixes the ghost touch screen issues too. Dont lose anything trying.

Last edited:

tweekerout

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site

Awesome idea...documenting on video...love that...and I tested the sensors on my phone a while back...because my middle sensors...basically in a middle cross pattern arent working...drawing through the sensor test leaves blank screen in a cross like pattern...So..I have to use my keyboard while turning phone to different postions to get anything done....geez...Drives me crazy..but love this phones potential...so currently seeking out cell phone repairs and or hardware help...so I can keep this otherwise 📱Awesome Phone👽

tweekerout

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Wow...I tried to Disable Accuweather....wouldnt allow me to....Disable button shadowed...Not Available....I Force Stop...It just comes back on...immediately...geez

Faye27

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I upgraded to sprints lg g3 cell phone about a month ago. When I am on the phone having a conversation the screen changes and adds another contact to the call. I have been very careful not to touch the screen. Its so sensitive.

etang858

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
Verizon LG G2

I am having the exact same issues with the same symptoms. "Tap on" does not work and there is that dead zone about an inch from the top. It is causing all sorts of issues with phantom pushes and the screen going crazy. Unfortunately I have had the phone for a little over a year and do not have insurance.

I tried soft resets, factory resets, and the sim card method. Nothing works!

I hope there is a fix soon! I'm still on a two year contract w/ verizon and buying another phone off contract would be so expensive!

Holta

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
Don't throw your lgg2.
Read my lgg2 screen issue solved

Every now and then my phone went crazy too. And the problem persisted until i turned my phone off the screen and left it off for a while.
I thought it was a software problem or programs i opened recently or maybe new update or maybe different program or . . . . . . .beleive me i tried everything . . . it really became a problem for me, it made me nervous.
I thought to sell it for parts maybe $50
I bought my phone new with box for $450, in March,

one day i thought to explore it from inside. I just did 3 steps:
1- step lid phone
2- tightened the screws ( i don't know why but they were plowed)
3- i tightened the connector to the screen.

WOWWW it was unbelieavble
It became working as before, i checked carefully and since now it is going great. I am happy i didn't sell it for $50.

draven1322

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
I had a similar issue. Touch wasn't working and was getting random touches. Factory reset - Still the same problem. Got mad and threw the phone hard against the wall. To my surprise, not only was the phone not broken - the screen started working normally again.

sbal24

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site
screen works fine in computer mode; but goes blank and won't come back in the phone mode. therefore i can't hang up, or access my keypad! i've already done a factory reset to no avail. Phone is only 16 months old, lite usage, at this point Id say stay away from an LG phone

scott7460

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site

I just started having this issue today to a point where the phone was almost unusable. I managed to uninstall GO Launcher and it seems to have magically fixed my issues. If it happens any more I will post an update. I also uninstalled everything that was related to the launcher.

-Scott

XxYouMaddBroxX

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
i am having the touch issues on the top of my lg g2 ls 980 . can it be solve by updating my phone???

I've come to find that anything native to the phone tend to make it act out. Things like the knock feature tend to make the touches come back. Also when I had a passcode on my phone they definitely happened more often than without the lock code. Maybe it's directly related, and maybe it's not, not for sure. might be only coincidence.

MuhammadTalha Khan

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
adding to this issue, this belong to small chip on board and can be fixed by replacing board where the LCD jack intact, if you remove the back cover 1st and the 6 screws you can find a large jack on left, then remove LCD jack, this turn your upper half paralyzed only, but this will turn your remaining all issued killed. rest all the featured remain active, no extra heating, drain battery i.e. auto rotate that will provide you easy, specially Knock Knock access on both On/off activated 12.GIF

Attachments

• IMG_4600.jpg
    IMG_4600.jpg
    868.7 KB · Views: 6

Bineesh Vijayan

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
I am curious to see if anyone else has been having any touch screen issues such as it being too sensitive or not responding properly?

Every now and then my phone will go crazy. For example if I'm in a browser and I try to 1 finger scroll up or down i will have random zooming happen or a link gets selected. It just doesn't respond like you would expect it to almost as if it doesn't register your touch gesture correctly. Once it gets into one of these modes the problems persist until i turn off the screen and leave it be for a bit.

Yes...my g2mini d618...first it was for a short time..now I can't use the phone...if u can tell me a soln..